COVID-19

Why do I bother, but we can take it again. First of all, provide with scientific sources supporting your claims.

Vaccines reduce the risk for people to get sick, if you reduce the risk for getting sick, you also reduce the risk for getting severely sick and reduce the risk for people to die.

Vaccines don't work on pandemic influenza, because the virus causing a pandemic is a novel virus, that means it's new. Our immune system doesn't recognize it. Pandemic flu's also causing a higher mortality rate among other age groups without underlying health issues than what the seasonal flu does

Why do I bother, but we can take it again. First of all, provide with scientific sources supporting your claims.

Vaccines reduce the risk for people to get sick, if you reduce the risk for getting sick, you also reduce the risk for getting severely sick and reduce the risk for people to die.

Vaccines don't work on pandemic influenza, because the virus causing a pandemic is a novel virus, that means it's new. Our immune system doesn't recognize it. Pandemic flu's also causing a higher mortality rate among other age groups without underlying health issues than what the seasonal flu does

If vaccines are that efficient, why do receive only a minority of the population vaccines ?
About our immune system : millions are infected with CV, only a minority of those who are infected,are suffering .Official figures for the USA ( which are ridiculous low ) say that there are 300000 people who are infected ( reality is millions ) and only 8000 died ( much too high ) and 8000 are critical ,the others (284000 ) have recovered or have only a mild form and will thus recover .
Why has CV failed in 95 % of the cases ( reality is that it failed in 99,999999 % )?
Not because of science, not because of social distance, but because all those 284000 winners are different persons with a different immunity,but an immunity that defeats the virus .
And this pandemic fly does not cause a higher mortality rate than other flues : 2 years ago a seasonal flu killed 33000 Americans ,while 33 million were infected .( official not reliable figures )
Now, much less than 8000 people died because of the CV,while millions of Americans are infected .
Italian experts are now saying that the number of infected must be multiplied by a factor of 10 or even 25, Merkel said that 60 million Germans will be infected,while the official figure is less than 100000, thus it is obvious that not 300000 Americans are infected, but millions ,or dozens of millions, all people who do not suffer from the infections .
The great majority of Americans, Italians,etc who are infected and die do NOT die because of the infection .They die mostly of age and other diseases .The number of infections is much higher, the number of deaths is much lower .And I would not be surprised if it was the same for the seasonal flu .CV and probably also the seasonal flu do kill only seldom .
The rest is panic spreading by anti Trump media .

As source, you could look at
CDC-influenza deaths :request for correction ( by Kenneth Stoller ) who proves that the official figure of 36000 influenza deaths is not an estimate of yearly flu deaths,but an estimate of flu-associated deaths .Only less than a quarter were flu deaths .

And how many had died without the vaccine? The vaccine is designed to protect against four different A and B virus. it is not one virus causing the seasonal flu. Vaccination reduces the risk for getting the flu. You can continue to read more what CDC, ECDC, and WHO say about the seasonal flu, I have use data from all three through this thread. All pathogen mutate and viruses do that more often than a bacteria, a fungus, and/or a parasite. Flu viruses mutate while they are spreading through a population. To create the flu vaccine is an estimation on how A and B viruses have mutated in the past to predict how the next flu season will be. The US got it really bad in the season 2014-2015, the vaccine at that time had a protection of 30% and that is bad, yet it is better to vaccinate than being without it, especially for the elderly and other with underlying health issues.

The COVID-19 mutates constantly, but there are two different strains of it now. The S strain and the L strain. We are also in the midst of the pandemic so we don't know how bad this will be in comparison to earlier pandemics. We can only guess how many are infected and speculations don't do any good. Testing of a lot people can give hints about how many are infected without symptoms. we don't even know if we get immunity after being infected and recovered. Most likely we do, there are a few cases when people getting it twice, but that can be they got the S strain first and later getting the L strain.

The major problem is not really the disease, it is to prevent the collapse of the health care system when they get overwhelmed by the huge amount people seeking help at the same time. All health care systems in the world have a limited amount of ICU aid stations, protection gear, and people with the right education. The same health care system needs to help all other people coming or being treated for other health issues. The "just in time" logistical approach doesn't work either. To have stockpiles of protection gear, test equipment, laboratories to analyse tests, ventilators, hospital beds cost a lot of money and now we are paying for it.

Well a spot of good news, two weeks into our lockdown and we are down to 14 new cases for the day down from a peak of about 90 per day.
We have had four deaths all elderly (70+) patients with underlying conditions.

With luck in about a week and a half we will begin to lift some of our restrictions and by the end of the month it is hoped schools will reopen so all going well excluding international travel we will be back to normal.

It can be an increase of cases when the restrictions are lifted. The standard procedure is to open up small shops and some schools, then wait to see what happens.

It can be an increase of cases when the restrictions are lifted. The standard procedure is to open up small shops and some schools, then wait to see what happens.

We have had some success in getting the daily new cases down to 8 today but we have several large clusters and unfortunately two of them are rest homes which has seen the fatalities rise to 11 with more expected.

If we can get the new infections down to zero and retain closed borders then I expect we could restart most of the internal economy if nothing else.

The main concern now is the rumours of the virus reactivating and whether there are "silent" spreaders.

All I hear and see from liberals is it's Trumps fault and now they call him a murderer etc. Like he concocted it and infected Americans with it. Its sickening.

All I hear and see from liberals is it's Trumps fault and now they call him a murderer etc. Like he concocted it and infected Americans with it. Its sickening.

The democrats haven't been this angry since the republicans took their slaves from them

A large part of the problem is that everyone seems to be politicising this thing rather than focusing on dealing with it.

I had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago, I had difficulty breathing (I have COPD) which was worse then usual, plus I had a temperature of over 38C I thought I have the virus. :sick: I was taken into hospital and put into an ICU ward for observation and x Rays, thankfully it turns out I had a small lung infection which resulted in pneumonia. They stuck a cotton bud up my nose (That bloody hurt) and tested for the virus, which thankfully came back negative. After being bombarded with antibiotics I was sent home four days later.

My missus thought I was a goner, so did I come to that.

I had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago, I had difficulty breathing (I have COPD) which was worse then usual, plus I had a temperature of over 38C I thought I have the virus. :sick: I was taken into hospital and put into an ICU ward for observation and x Rays, thankfully it turns out I had a small lung infection which resulted in pneumonia. They stuck a cotton bud up my nose (That bloody hurt) and tested for the virus, which thankfully came back negative. After being bombarded with antibiotics I was sent home four days later.

That was a close call, I'm glad you are ok, mate.

Welcome back, some good news in what has been a rather bleak year to date.

Welcome back, some good news in what has been a rather bleak year to date.

Thanks Monty, much appreciated.

It was a good thing I did go into hospital, apart from the pneumonia they found I had stomach ulcers which were losing blood, I was given 3 units and medication and discharged feeling somewhat better.

The SA Government has banned the sale of cigarettes, pipe tobacco, rolling tobacco and cigars as well as alcohol, with the ban on alcohol crime has dropped considerably. The government did allow the sale of alcohol for a short time, and guess what, crime went through the roof again, so its been banned yet again. There is also a curfew from 9pm until 4am which has helped to curb crime by a significant amount.

I have read that Oxford university are working on a virus drug, its been stated that tests are proving positive. Sadly too late for some.

I'm really glad to hear that it wasn't COVID-19, and that you're ok now! :smil:

Thanks Monty, much appreciated.

It was a good thing I did go into hospital, apart from the pneumonia they found I had stomach ulcers which were losing blood, I was given 3 units and medication and discharged feeling somewhat better.

The SA Government has banned the sale of cigarettes, pipe tobacco, rolling tobacco and cigars as well as alcohol, with the ban on alcohol crime has dropped considerably. The government did allow the sale of alcohol for a short time, and guess what, crime went through the roof again, so its been banned yet again. There is also a curfew from 9pm until 4am which has helped to curb crime by a significant amount.

I have read that Oxford university are working on a virus drug, its been stated that tests are proving positive. Sadly too late for some.

The sale of alcohol increased here during the outbreak. We can see an increase of reported cases of domestic violence.

It seems we have the beginning of the second wave when there is a spike of COVID-19 in Europe and elsewhere.

Back