Court Restores Ban On Naval Sonar

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Seattle Times
November 14, 2007
San Francisco -- A federal appeals court restored a ban Tuesday on the U.S. Navy's use of submarine-hunting sonar in upcoming training missions off Southern California, a ruling that is to stand until the military adopts better safeguards for whales, dolphins and other marine mammals.
The order by a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals allows the Navy to continue current exercises but will force the Pentagon to come up with ways to ensure that marine mammals are not harassed or injured by sonic blasts during a series of missions set to begin in January.
Any precautions, such as reducing sonar power at night, when whales are not easily seen, will have to be approved by the same federal court in Los Angeles that ordered the initial ban in August.

Okay... this is getting bad. I'm all for protecting the environment and all of the little critters but I believe that we should not restrict our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen form training and doing their job.

This is National Defense we're talking about.... not a Boy Scout Picnic.

Well the ruling did come from the Ninth Circus errrr excuse Circuit Court. Home to all former hippies turned attorney/Judge. Nothing that comes out of that Joke I mean court surprises me. They are anti-military, anti-law enforcement and stuck in the freakin Summer of Love.

Okay... this is getting bad. I'm all for protecting the environment and all of the little critters but I believe that we should not restrict our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen form training and doing their job.

This is National Defense we're talking about.... not a Boy Scout Picnic.

I agree, its about our soldier making it home.

And you honestly think that the Navy won't push their exercises out a few miles so as to evade the 9th CC's jurisdiction?

Ha.

Back