Couple: Police Killed Our Pot Plants

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Couple: Police Killed Our Pot Plants
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) - A couple whose medical-marijuana plants were seized are threatening to sue authorities because the plants were returned dead. The police seized 39 live marijuana plants from Jim and Lisa Masters in August 2006 and arrested them on drug charges, said their lawyer, Brian...

Idiots? But they were in the right here, apparently. I'd be pretty mad if I'd put in the time and effort to grow 39 trees only to have them killed.

I always thought there was a limit on how much you could grow if you had a medical cannabis permit, to prevent medical growers from selling to regular pot smokers for a profit.

They didn't have the documentation but they were still in the right according to the law. The plants never should have been confiscated in the first place.

Why were they in the right again?

They didn't have the legal documentation. IF they were used for legal purposed why didn't they have papers? Any Tom, Dick or Harry could say, "Gee officer I had all these plants for people that were suffering." Yeeeah.

Well, technically they weren't breaking any laws.

But you are right, they should've had the papers. They could've saved both themselves and the police a lot of work.

It was their own irresponsibility that got their plants killed.

If Cannabis is a recognised therapeutic drug, as far as I'm concerned it should be grown and distributed under strict Government control. There are plenty of people who have prescriptions for Cocaine based drugs, but I don't think it would be viewed very well if you applied to grow your own coca plants.

Back