which country's AIR FORCE do you like except your's?

The German Luftwaffe

Especially II. Bn Objektschutzregiment der Luftwaffe

They are extremely well trained and highly motivated soldiers.

Also they have great beer in Germany

Cheers from Kristina :cheers:

Last edited:
The German Luftwaffe

Especially II. Bn Objektschutzregiment der Luftwaffe

They are extremely well trained and highly motivated soldiers.

Also they have great beer in Germany

Cheers from Kristina :cheers:
Thank you ;) How do you know them? I'm taking over command of a Platoon of the 1st Bn next month...

The Luftwaffe.

Gotta have much love for anybody who Designs planes with lines that crisp and clean
And yea the beer is GREAT

Thank you ;) How do you know them? I'm taking over command of a Platoon of the 1st Bn next month...

I´m an airman (OR-2 or Gefreiter in German) in No. 660 Security Force Squadron, Combat Support Wing, Royal Danish Air Force. Our mission is Force Protection so it is the same job as 1st and 2nd Bn OBJSRgtLw

I ‘we been on some joint exercises with the German Air Force and I got the chance to be part of a squad made up by Danes and Germans. I really learn a lot from your guys. Our Squad leader was a young German Unteroffizier who was properly one of the most competent NCO´s I’ve ever seen.

In my opinion, the Bundeswehr is properly the best trained force in the world today.

Herr Leutnant, viel Glück mit ihrer neuen Befehl.
Hals- und Beinbruch

Mit Liebe Grüße und
Prost!
Kristina Maria Baumann :drink:

10 years ago I would have said the RAF, but thanks to short sighted bureaucrats, who have sold the farm, the RAF is but a shadow of it's former self - SHAME on Whitehall. I think the best (and most under-rated) AF is the Armee de l'Air - they have a potent array of aircraft with very highly skilled personnel - want to see some of the best low altitude fast jet flying anywhere - check out YouTube with French pilots in Chad.
The modern Luftwaffe is quite impressive but I don't know them well enought to make an assessment. Also Poland seems to be improving it's Air Force in all the right ways.
India and Singapore have great Air Forces. China remains an enigma - the J-10 seems like a great machine but as for being a game changer - not sure - Chinese equipment has traditionally been poor quality compensated by quantity.

Last edited:
I´m an airman (OR-2 or Gefreiter in German) in No. 660 Security Force Squadron, Combat Support Wing, Royal Danish Air Force. Our mission is Force Protection so it is the same job as 1st and 2nd Bn OBJSRgtLw

I ‘we been on some joint exercises with the German Air Force and I got the chance to be part of a squad made up by Danes and Germans. I really learn a lot from your guys. Our Squad leader was a young German Unteroffizier who was properly one of the most competent NCO´s I’ve ever seen.

In my opinion, the Bundeswehr is properly the best trained force in the world today.

Herr Leutnant, viel Glück mit ihrer neuen Befehl.
Hals- und Beinbruch

Mit Liebe Grüße und
Prost!
Kristina Maria Baumann :drink:

Vielen Dank ;)
Maybe we'll meet some day... earth is not such a big thing ;)
I'm happy you made good experiences with our troops- we sure have a fine Regiment- I'm proud to serve under it.

Wow, most people picking the Luftwaffe. As for me, I will have to agree. The Luftwaffe after that comes the Israeli air force.

well

I'm basing this not on what planes "look cooler" and other useless nonsense. Rather I'm basing it on pure statistics.

IAF- זרוע האוויר והחלל

or

RAF

Both have an amazing track record. However the IDF is reigns as king. The 6 day war is all of the evidence I need.

Wow, most people picking the Luftwaffe. As for me, I will have to agree. The Luftwaffe after that comes the Israeli air force.

Thats because we all like the WW2 German plane designs, and ya gotta admit, a fuel injected engine made a better plane that a carp, like the early hurricanes had.

You can't base your assessment of the IAF on the 6 day war! you might as well say that because the british navy defeated zanzibar in 28 minutes in 1898, that made it the greatest navy in the world (well it was, but not for those reasons!)

Don't lots of countries send their pilots to the international fighter training school in the US. Whoever has the most wins, might be considered to have the best airforce.

Well, most countries these days have huge military budgets. They can afford to provide high performance equipment and advanced trainings for their air force.

It's very difficult to judge who got a good air force. I think that we are in an era where it's the hardware that makes a huge difference.

I'm sure that even a poor country have some high quality men but no means to train or equip them.

I see nothing fair to say on this topic. If I say USA... it's the biggest army in the world. If I say the Israeli, They never faced a powerful opponent to show their true skills yet.

If I look into history, I can find something to say. The Americans, Germans and Japenese in WWII. The Germans in WWI (Red Baron anyone?).

At least, in those times, they had to use their skills to fight and not just their hardware.

And I dont know if I have to respect people who were in bombers. Like the flying fortresses. What kind of skills it takes to fly a bomber and drop bombs? I'm not sure I respect that. It's more leadership/courage than flying skills...

And what about the battles in the Korean war? The communists (North Korea-China-USSR) had some wonderful pilots even if most were poorly trained pilots just out of bootcamp. And The American had some nice aircrafts (used radar to aim their guns etc) But they were fighting larger forces.

So, I really dont know. I wont give kudos to any country/army. Maybe a few pilots from many countries, but no group as a whole.

But as I have to share. I will give kudos to the French Air force. They always crash with their high tech toys in peace time because of technical difficulties... And I hear mostly about them in the media. Thanks for the good laugh guys.

Definitely the US Air Force.

us-air-force-demotivational-poster-1243536624.jpg

Back