which country's AIR FORCE do you like except your's?

The Swedish Air Force

They have and have had some very durable aircraft; also their standard is actually very high.
The SAAB 37 Vigen is actually able to reverse on the ground which is quite handy when you use country roads as runways.

It's useful is the reverse function is important.

But it also means that the engines are supposed to do two jobs. And more complex hardware means that more stuff can go wrong...

But it's interesting, thanks for the info.

It's useful is the reverse function is important.

But it also means that the engines are supposed to do two jobs. And more complex hardware means that more stuff can go wrong...

But it's interesting, thanks for the info.

The 37 system (Viggen) is well proven.
Been in service from 1971 untill the last recon models very decomissioned in 2005.

During the cold war everyone recognized the need for the SWE AF to be able to disperse and hide their aircraft while clearing them on the ground.
This was done at Combat action bases alongside countryroads where the Viggen system with it´s short start/landing capabilities could land/take off from.
Furthermore the system made it unessecary for Sweden to be able to keep it´s runways open incase of air strikes and the need for ground vehicles were minimized by the planes unique capabilities of manouvering itself on the ground using engine thrust (reversing itself).
Thus making the short take off and landing capabilities a key part in the SWE AF strategy in case of unrest in the region.
The recon system and pilots were arguably the best in the world at low level recon over sea and archipelago inviroments and has provided Swedish forces and allied forces with remarkable intel from the Baltic ports of nations said allies wanted to keep an eye on.

But they are still Air Farce..

//KJ.

the german airforce is highly recognised in the top 5 but i would have to go with the british airforce due to its highly advanced technological aircraft

USAAF/USAF.

Can't argue with a branch of the military that's willing to take attrition and loss rates comparable to Infantry during WW1, and still punch through (that being WW2 daylight strategic bombing campaign).

Plus from a more biased and personal point of view, I know our guys love their work. :)

Last edited:
I like many air forces and in this day and age, its hard to go wrong with any modern force. I personally would go with the Israeli Air Force because they got an excellent track record, top notch training and support, and a great selection of aircraft and weapons. I like F-15C with Python 5 and Derby Missiles.

I have been wondering about that, Zhaldev. Are there two of Duoya or is he arguing with himself? When I try to follow,I feel slightly mesmerised, as the content varies from OK to can I have a translator.

Can it be one Duoya + one Le Mask, or two Le Masks even? All will unfold.

Seriously, probably a clever guy working hard with language here.

Perhaps he will explain so that we can follow him better.:)

Last edited:
I think USA air force are the top1 in the planet. Don't you see American fight a war. They always use air superier to crack down his enemy resistance. Use USA air power Killed the eneny power as they can. And the land force clean the battle field in the end.

I have a soft spot for the Swedish Air force (I am Norwegian...:confused:..). Their concept of using the highways as secondary air strips is unique, I believe. Love their planes, too - Draken, Viggen, Gripen.​

The Power of each nation in terms of Air Force is compared to How Many aero-tech industrial companies they have in their territories!

USA/IDF "Since basically Everything that the USA gets, Israel Gets a copy of it" - France - Germany - Russia - & Recently, China

are amongst top manufacturers!

Yet to me, i'd change the question a bit to make it

Which beats the Other?

• Eurofighter Typhoon
  • F22 - Raptor
  • Sukhoi - Su-35

Back