Which country threats your nation's security in the future - Page 6

--

September 28th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

True, just wanted to make a fact check, though.
September 28th, 2004  
Peanutcat

All people here are right from the view of his side.
No forever friendship, only forever interest.
September 28th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosewar2000

Sadly so say: Patriot Act is the begining of new civil war. If Bush win, in next four years, richer is getting richer, pooper is getting poorer, no more free speech, otherwise you are not "patriots", Fox news will become USCN (UNITED STATES CENTRAL NEWS). Micheal Moore will be sent to jail. When 2008 come, another terrorist attack suddenly happen, Bush declare "US IS UNDER ATTACk" again and the election will be cancelled.

so, California will declare independence, so will NY....

some liberals or some conservatives launch the nukes
We held elections during WWII, if that is not deserving of the cancellations of elections what is? Learn something about America and our history. (all you europeans and asians like to mock us for how "short" our history is, then try studying it, it shouldn't take you long) Bush does not have the power to cancel the elections and he will not do so, no terrorists threats can stop the United States, we will not be bullied, you have other nations negotiating with Al Qeada, Spain is the most prominent example, and when an American is taken hostage the government does nothing, why? Because we do not negotiate with terrorists, we kill them, plain and simple.

We will never again have another Civil War, it was so bloody that we decided to never let it happen again, and the people's loyalty is no longer to the state but to the United States. Before the Civil War people said "The United State are...." after they said "The United States is...." See, no longer referring to each state as it's own independent body, but rather as a part of the whole.

American's will never Nuke American's, for the above mentioned reason. Only a Civil War could cause us to do so and since that will never happen again it is a mute point.
--
September 28th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I am sure no one really claims Koreans are Chinese.

Koreans have been Chinese tributary and colony for thousands years, Koreans used Chinese writting systems to record their entire long old history that's why they have to learn Chinese characters to be able to read their history, that's all.

Korea was ceded to Japan after China lost war to Japan in late 1890 I think.
September 29th, 2004  
Boobies

Topic: heheh

Sorry redneck13. I was in a hurry. People were leaving office while I was tying the rant up. I tried to better next time.

Choco, I will get back to you when I get some time at work. Too many people are walking back and forth behind in front of my cube. Hahhaha. I know I am guilty of stealing company's time and money.

BTW, I love to discuss thing here, cause a lot of you argue with lot of backings and researches. I did learn a lot from all of you. Thank you for reading and post replies. Keep the questions coming. Please so execuse my mistakes for I write all these in a hurry.
September 29th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
I am sure no one really claims Koreans are Chinese.

Koreans have been Chinese tributary and colony for thousands years, Koreans used Chinese writting systems to record their entire long old history that's why they have to learn Chinese characters to be able to read their history, that's all.

Korea was ceded to Japan after China lost war to Japan in late 1890 I think.
See, I only heard it once or twice, you use reason to come to your decision, he just said it was because China was so big and Korea so small. If Koreans were Chinese how could they both grow and develope at the same time. The Chinese intervened several times into Korean politics but that does not make them Chinese.
October 11th, 2004  
Bharatiya

I think for India, apart from the obvious Pakistan, China is a big threat. We've been having dialogues with the Chinese on all sorts of co-operation and all.. but my personal feeling is that we can't simply trust them. The reasons for my belief are:

1. They stabbed our back in 1951 by attacking us right after a friendly meet with our then Prime Minister.

2. They've invaded our border teritories in the north-east state of Arunachal Pradesh and the north state of J&K.
October 14th, 2004  
ApathyEcstasy

anyone here who thinks china is still communist, needs to get his head out of the sand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3533461.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3340161.stm

protection of private property, does that sound communist to you?
free market, does that sound communist to you?

for the past decade or so, the communist party has only been communist in name, and that is all

the fact is that communism has never existed in the truest sense of the ideology EVER, it has always simply been just a guise of a dictatorship

a better way to describe china would be a hypercapitalist state with slight to moderate authoritarian inclinations that are being eased more and more with each passing day....i have heard of many U.S. think tanks and analysts that predict that within 10-20 years, China's government will be more comparable to South Korea's or Japan's
October 14th, 2004  
Big_Z

You left out college kids getting run over by tanks and people getting thrown in jail because they dont like their government.
October 14th, 2004  
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
You left out college kids getting run over by tanks and people getting thrown in jail because they dont like their government.
stop living in the past, that was over a decade ago, there have been countless reforms since then

infact, who are you to comment at all? i have spent lots of time in china, usa, and live in canada right now ( was born in canada )

can you say the same thing? no? then don't act like you know jack shit about this