Which country threats your nation's security in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it rather amusing that the Chinese have all kinds of "or it's war" stipulations on the Republic of China. Yet in the same breath decry other nations as being aggressive and heavy handed hmmmmmm.

Damien435 What are you doing muddying up Party doctrine with history? Ya know frog is gonna chastise you for that :lol:

Right...

a few Chinese = 1.2 Billion's opinion. Very funny association.

I, for one, am Chinese. I don't think Koreans are Chinese What do you say about that? I even remember history books never mentioned Koreans were Chinese when I grew up in China. So, please do take those people's opinion with grain of salt. Never worth to debate? So, if others have different view from yours, and different idea of land are not worhy of your time? Well, I guess war starts when you judge others.

And most of Asians are not outward. It is part of their culture. Do you plan to change that or respect that? Maybe you should change your thinking when you talk to them? No? And by stereotyping is not a good move neither, thanks.

And also, the word of "Calculating", every country is calculating. Don't need to single out China.

Damien, if TW don't scream for Independence, why should China fire missiles? In TW, there are half or near amount of people want to reunite with China. Look at the TW election, only because of the attempt assassination (questionable), the nationalists (favor unification) party lost to the democratic party in a very slight differences in ratio. Why is that? And please don't think every human being in that group is afraid of China. And please advice there are native born TW in the wanting-to-unify group.

The U.S. policy towards Pro-TW is to off-set or "contain" the progress of China. Well, I value democracy. Why does the U.S. station in Japan, besides make sure stabilize Asian continent so to speak? To off-set power surge in the region. No?

Like self-actualization studied under Maslow's Personal Growth pyramid, a democracy later outcome. Like self-esteem, it only grows base on the satisfaction of living and wealth. With wars and country's division duringthe last couple of centyries, how could China apply democracy? Don't you think people desire a leader who can feed them instead of rethoric about some system they never experienced once for 5000 years?

How could a poor country instill democracy when tat culture torned by war and occupation? When most you guys talk about democratic system, you guys never really look into if the Chinese really understood what democracy during the last dynastic and the year of waring among warlords, and Japanese invasion.

When you talk about democracy, you blindly apply American's democracy
into the Chinese chaotic era. The U.S. also went through years human right's, liberty, freedom and democratic chaos before it became what is today. Thanks to the hard work of many American people. If you went through a hard time, how can you expect China to be able to change over night when its national identity were crushed by its rigidities and foreign invasions? What you said and implies are matters after the facts.

China wouldn't be controlled by Communists if the Nationalist party backed by the U.S. took up the responsibilities to take care of its people and re-establish pride in its citizens. What do you say about that? All the pain and angers don't just surface after the Communist took control. If the Nationalist were to lay out sound policies to defend, rebuild (not just the cities) and developments like they did to Taiwan these past 20-30 years when it founded Republic of China. PRC would not have become Communist ruled country.

03USMC - Would you fight for your country when separatist starts doing malice in the U.S.? I will. Would you show heavy-handed policy to your soil when otehr butt-into-you face or trying to change forcefully disregard its culture and beliefs? China doesn't want to be another Qing dynasty that got divided by the eight super power ever again.

Back to the comment of Damien made about "liking the rules of Nationalist party". Lol, they liked it. The Generalissimo (Chiang) ruled Taiwan with Iron Fists (I used to live with a Taiwanese couple. Husband was a a ranked officer similar army Col. in Taiwanese navy during the end of Chinese Civil-war and retreated to TW. Wife was native born TW. They both told me the harshness of the Generalissimo when he was in power.) I don't see the U.S. crying foul about that. Please answer that.

His son was also a dictator except he was very keen to economic development and brought much invest development in technical sector to TW according to the couple. Democratic system was not flourished until recently. Look, Taiwan went into economic reform first, not political one. Can you understand that? ECONOMICS > POLITICAL agenda. And China is doing the same thing like TW, to perform Economic restructuring. Why is so hard so of you guys to dig that concept. Please read Maslow's human development Pyramid.

Plus, does China have plan or backup plan with democratic system in place? How does China to port over to full democratic system when its economy still in dependencies? Please tell me you dislike chaos, because China will go into chaos when so much social problems still at bay. Does immediate democratic system resolve the anticipated and unseen problems? Can you guarantee that?

It is a broad issue when dealing with full implementation of democracy. Why no country can be successful in a democratic system immediately? Because they need to go through a development period. Some of you can sit back and blast how democracy rules but you never understand how your forefathers fought and endure pain, tortures, degradation, unequal treatmentd to have you sit in front of screens and mouth others. Can you see China is going through a very tough period? Can you help her to achieve democracy with you accumulated wisdoms instead of gagging her?

If U.S. and other established democratic systems took decades and centuries to become and arrive what is today, I don't see China can establish full and sound democracies just within 10-15 years.

I got to stop ranting :D

whosewar2000 said:
SHERMAN said:

No! The biggest threat to USA is USA itself. It will implode from inside. I once saw this forum somebody post a tread of "second civil war". I truely believe it.

Then you have no understanding of the USA. We have been this way internally since the idea was born, it is part of being free, the ability to disagree and the ability to protest. The American Civil War was fought over idealism and freedom, with a few economics thrown into the fray, we are no where near that separated now.

Lil Hulk 1988 said:
whosewar2000 said:
SHERMAN said:
The American Civil War was fought over idealism and freedom, .

Sadly so say: Patriot Act is the begining of new civil war. If Bush win, in next four years, richer is getting richer, pooper is getting poorer, no more free speech, otherwise you are not "patriots", Fox news will become USCN (UNITED STATES CENTRAL NEWS). Micheal Moore will be sent to jail. When 2008 come, another terrorist attack suddenly happen, Bush declare "US IS UNDER ATTACk" again and the election will be cancelled.

so, California will declare independence, so will NY....

some liberals or some conservatives launch the nukes

Hey uh, erm, "Boobies"

That was a pretty good post, only thing is, how are we to know China is aiming full democratic? What if the market is only getting relaxed to simply fill China's coffers? China is all going through a huge military evolution.

We don't know, China still is capable of becoming very dangerous. And while I'm not going to stick up for any other members (heck I don't even know what they said) I will agree that, the troopers stationed in Asia are there, rightfully so. But besides our poesition on Taiwan, you act as if the US has been throwing monkey wrenches in the "Chinese revolution"

Forgive me if I ask.......what?

No country has a beef with us down here, as we are all nice easy going beer drinking fellas.

whosewar2000 said:
Sadly so say: Patriot Act is the begining of new civil war. If Bush win, in next four years, richer is getting richer, pooper is getting poorer, no more free speech, otherwise you are not "patriots", Fox news will become USCN (UNITED STATES CENTRAL NEWS). Micheal Moore will be sent to jail. When 2008 come, another terrorist attack suddenly happen, Bush declare "US IS UNDER ATTACk" again and the election will be cancelled.

so, California will declare independence, so will NY....

some liberals or some conservatives launch the nukes

We held elections during WWII, if that is not deserving of the cancellations of elections what is? Learn something about America and our history. (all you europeans and asians like to mock us for how "short" our history is, then try studying it, it shouldn't take you long) Bush does not have the power to cancel the elections and he will not do so, no terrorists threats can stop the United States, we will not be bullied, you have other nations negotiating with Al Qeada, Spain is the most prominent example, and when an American is taken hostage the government does nothing, why? Because we do not negotiate with terrorists, we kill them, plain and simple.

We will never again have another Civil War, it was so bloody that we decided to never let it happen again, and the people's loyalty is no longer to the state but to the United States. Before the Civil War people said "The United State are...." after they said "The United States is...." See, no longer referring to each state as it's own independent body, but rather as a part of the whole.

American's will never Nuke American's, for the above mentioned reason. Only a Civil War could cause us to do so and since that will never happen again it is a mute point.

I am sure no one really claims Koreans are Chinese.

Koreans have been Chinese tributary and colony for thousands years, Koreans used Chinese writting systems to record their entire long old history that's why they have to learn Chinese characters to be able to read their history, that's all.

Korea was ceded to Japan after China lost war to Japan in late 1890 I think.

heheh

Sorry redneck13. I was in a hurry. People were leaving office while I was tying the rant up. I tried to better next time. :oops:

Choco, I will get back to you when I get some time at work. Too many people are walking back and forth behind in front of my cube. Hahhaha. I know I am guilty of stealing company's time and money.
;)

BTW, I love to discuss thing here, cause a lot of you argue with lot of backings and researches. I did learn a lot from all of you. Thank you for reading and post replies. Keep the questions coming. Please so execuse my mistakes for I write all these in a hurry.

FlyingFrog said:
I am sure no one really claims Koreans are Chinese.

Koreans have been Chinese tributary and colony for thousands years, Koreans used Chinese writting systems to record their entire long old history that's why they have to learn Chinese characters to be able to read their history, that's all.

Korea was ceded to Japan after China lost war to Japan in late 1890 I think.

See, I only heard it once or twice, you use reason to come to your decision, he just said it was because China was so big and Korea so small. If Koreans were Chinese how could they both grow and develope at the same time. The Chinese intervened several times into Korean politics but that does not make them Chinese.

I think for India, apart from the obvious Pakistan, China is a big threat. We've been having dialogues with the Chinese on all sorts of co-operation and all.. but my personal feeling is that we can't simply trust them. The reasons for my belief are:

1. They stabbed our back in 1951 by attacking us right after a friendly meet with our then Prime Minister.

2. They've invaded our border teritories in the north-east state of Arunachal Pradesh and the north state of J&K.

anyone here who thinks china is still communist, needs to get his head out of the sand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3533461.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3340161.stm

protection of private property, does that sound communist to you?
free market, does that sound communist to you?

for the past decade or so, the communist party has only been communist in name, and that is all

the fact is that communism has never existed in the truest sense of the ideology EVER, it has always simply been just a guise of a dictatorship

a better way to describe china would be a hypercapitalist state with slight to moderate authoritarian inclinations that are being eased more and more with each passing day....i have heard of many U.S. think tanks and analysts that predict that within 10-20 years, China's government will be more comparable to South Korea's or Japan's

You left out college kids getting run over by tanks and people getting thrown in jail because they dont like their government.

Big_Z said:
You left out college kids getting run over by tanks and people getting thrown in jail because they dont like their government.

stop living in the past, that was over a decade ago, there have been countless reforms since then

infact, who are you to comment at all? i have spent lots of time in china, usa, and live in canada right now ( was born in canada )

can you say the same thing? no? then don't act like you know jack shit about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back