Which country?

Which country that are most powerful military of Europe?

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Germany

• Italy

• France

• Spain

• Norway

• Finland

• Poland

• Ireland

• Others

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Can you hear me now?
Which country that are most powerful military of Europe? (I'm not sure which this topic goes to right place?) If you did vote explain why if you would like to. Please share.

The United Kingdom has the most powerful military in Europe for a variety of reasons. First off, England's army has more combat experience than any other in Europe. As far as man power, only Turkey has as many soldiers in Europe as the United Kingdom and the quality of them is dubious. Germany and France each have a little more than half as many active duty personnel as the United Kingdom. And in the case of Germany a great deal are conscripts instead of regular soldiers. The United Kingdom has a modern MBT arm and the RAF is one of the most powerful air forces in Europe.

The area where the United Kingdom far out does any other European power is with its navy. The UK has 4 carrier, to France's one carrier (although it is new). Germany does not have any carriers.

Russia. They have more combat experience than any other European power, even the UK. They are unmatched in the world in terms of numbers and lethality except by the US.

bulldogg said:
Russia. They have more combat experience than any other European power, even the UK. They are unmatched in the world in terms of numbers and lethality except by the US.

I agree with you on this one.

I would nominate the UK, as they appear to have a well-funded military.

I'm not sure about Russia. While they have the numbers, their training has fallen behind and their military is not funded well. I have read reports where Russian soldiers are selling military hardware on the blackmarket to supplement their income. Not good!

Depends on what you mean by the most powerfull. I would actually turn the question a bit and say that the country being able to plan and execute difficult military operations is the most powerful one - in this category the UK comes out first; the Falklands war and the strategic long distance bombing of Libya as examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back