Which country or region do you think is the most dangerous one in the world?

Britney i am all for patriotism and i have no particular problem with America but they have their problems just as every other nation (although some have more than others)...
and i hope you are aware patriotism doesn't necessarily mean believing everything your country tells you and i also hope you know that independent thought isn't unpatriotic...

trust me not every decision America has made is just and noble and some in hind sight may even seem criminal and if you cannot accept this and if others cannot it may be maybe indicative of a flaw in national character...
NOTE THE WORDING OF THIS PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE REPLYING I DONT WANT THIS TO BE MISINTERPRETED!!!

many thanx captiva303...

Last edited:
I don't think the Americans are inherently any better or worse than anyone else, it's just that the powerful always seem to write the rules, then justify their own excesses. No different than the British did in the 19th century, and to some extent today. It's important to realise that the media nearly always paint a subtle (OK with Fox news not so subtle) and sympathetic view of Western policy. So much so we hardly realise it. Just imagine if Iraq had done the same to the US,

Imposed weapons checks to humiliate the establishment in the hope they would oppose them.
When they didn't, simply fabricate a lie as an excuse to invade without bothering to instigate any plan for governing the country. Then just take the resources to establish secure oil supplies and fund the war, leaving perhaps 5-10% of the population dead before leaving the country to the militia and Islamic extremists to take over. How would you feel?

Now the yanks do a bloody good job in many things, all other things taken into account, (but fer christ's sakes don't tell 'em I said so),.... but,... Just and Noble,.... it kinda sticks in the craw a bit don't you think?, Koff,.. koff,...

Christ, even if it were true I'd be too bloody embarrassed to admit it. That is possibly the most patronising piece of garbage I've read on this site since the days of Phoenix80.

Now after me,... 1, 2, 3..."We are the champions, we are the ,... etc, etc":lol:

That's definitely gunna be one for the book, I really must write that one down, "Just and Noble",... pbbbtt, Koff, Snort,.. Hahaha
rotfl1.gif

Ahhh,....... oh shite,... (wipes tears from his eyes) I mean to say that is a classic, I only have to think about it and I get a fit of the giggles. It reminds me of the saying, there are only two things thought to be infinite,... the universe, and much closer to home, some people's stupidity.

I gotta go, my ribs are starting to ache.

Whos Pheonix80?

I'm going to nominate India. It has a growing population, mixed ethnic and religious groups - which are all fervent in their beliefs. Added to that they are using up their water beyond what is sustainable and consequently could see their farming land reduced significantly. The worst affected will be the poor, which comprise approx 75% of the population - how long will they sit still? This baby is the trigger.

I'm going to nominate India. It has a growing population, mixed ethnic and religious groups - which are all fervent in their beliefs. Added to that they are using up their water beyond what is sustainable and consequently could see their farming land reduced significantly. The worst affected will be the poor, which comprise approx 75% of the population - how long will they sit still? This baby is the trigger.

Few weeks back in my History and Politics class we watched a doco on the Indian river Ganges [I think thats how you spell it].

The Indians seriously love that river, it is one of the greatest points of their hindu religion. According to their religion, the ganges water is water from the gods, and when bathed in it cleanses you of sin.

It is also the main supply of water for the Indian population, and it is expected to dry up by about 2020. If it does, then India is screwed.

soon as the Ganges leaves the Himalayas it isn't worth doing anything with and i mean it isn't worth using it for anything...

Yep we've made short work of the Taliban and Saddam Hussein, those were/are definite military successes.

Of course Nato is a military alliance - but it is made by politicians and politicians rule. NATO is a bureaucracy in uniform.

So the thought that NATO could kick anyones arse is misleading, first it would have to get its collective foot together, then agree where and when to kick and finally coordinate the kick, whilst maintaining balance!! Not likely to happen.

Back