Which country might be responsible for the disaster of 9/11

This attack was a long time coming. It was building up before Bush got into power. Remember when Bush was new to office, he was reluctant to engage actively in mideast affairs. Felt it was too fragile. And then got hit.
I wrote in high school that the US was going to get hit soon because it had been screwing around on the international stage for so long (Clinton era btw) but I was wrong in that I thought they'd hold the plan until they got their hands on a nuke.

I believe George Bush was the main person responsible for the attack. Notice not one other president got attacked except him and now he is creating conflicts all over the world.

Only that attempted basement attack to Clinton in 1993 in the WTC
Notice how you don't make any sense? So because hardly anyone attacks large, powerful, secluded America, that means it can never happen again?

Conflicts all over the world you say?!? Where are all these conflicts!? Last time I checked, there is only one incited by him. Iraq. The other, Afghanistan, was started by them.

I don't know why i'm replying to that, though, the second I read those words... well, it says enough about your intellect.

EagleStrike said:
I believe George Bush was the main person responsible for the attack. Notice not one other president got attacked except him and now he is creating conflicts all over the world.

What is your opinion on President Clinton ignoring an offer by the Sudanese Government to hand over Bin Ladin in the 90's? Also, Clinton saw that Afganistan was enough threat to lob a few cruise missles at the country. That is hardly enough to deal with a threat of any nature.

As the 9-11 commission said. There is no clear event or person in the US that is responsible for those attacks

i believe, if anything, americas foreign policy and general attitude to the rest of the world play shoulder a lot of the "responsibility" for what happened

Locke said:
i believe, if anything, americas foreign policy and general attitude to the rest of the world play shoulder a lot of the "responsibility" for what happened

Oh really? It's Americas own doing, is it? Care to expand on that? Perhaps it's because we helped that villian Israel? Or maybe our venom oil contracts with Saudi Arabia? Yes, for those, America did bring on that attack upon herself.

god.

firstly, blasphemy will get you nowhere, swearing is much more effective
firstly, americas portrayal in the media is less than flattering. while you may view yourselves as saviours and helpers of the world, here you are shown to be selfish, greedy and only interested in doing things which will benefit you. this is how the media is showing you, i know this to be true with some people, while other people is unture. you cannot generalise for an entire nation, despite what some people think.
you attitude, which seems to be "we are the greatest, do as we say" does not blow over well in a lot of countries, especially those with a strong sense of national pride. subtlety is not your strong suit and it shows, often you are portrayed as blundering into situations, instead of seeking alternate options.

Well said Locke ..... I couldnt have said better my self. I think America shouldnt try to control all the nations around the world. IMO they try to control every big issue that happens in each nation, they try to stick their noses into other countries problems. And now they paid for it. But that's only what i think, not trying to offend anyone.

Locke said:
firstly, americas portrayal in the media is less than flattering. while you may view yourselves as saviours and helpers of the world, here you are shown to be selfish, greedy and only interested in doing things which will benefit you. this is how the media is showing you, i know this to be true with some people, while other people is unture. you cannot generalise for an entire nation, despite what some people think.
you attitude, which seems to be "we are the greatest, do as we say" does not blow over well in a lot of countries, especially those with a strong sense of national pride. subtlety is not your strong suit and it shows, often you are portrayed as blundering into situations, instead of seeking alternate options.

Yes, i'm well aware of the anti-americanism that has infested the world.

But the way you put it, as if "we had it coming" or something, it just sounded ridiculous.

List off our blundering in context with Al Queda, pre-9/11, please. I would like to know.

And lastly... just some words from Winston Churchill....

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something"

Kirill K said:
So what you people are saying is that Arabic countries were 100 responsible?

It was no country, maybe Aganhistan, but still very unlikely, to many people would have become involved for them to keep it a secret.

Locke said:

I hope you are not talking about Iraq because the UN had 12 years to set things to right in Iraq and if anything the situation in Iraq only got worse. the UN could not prove that Iraq ahd no WMD's as we could not prove that they did, but we did have proof that if Saddam had WMD's he would not hesitate to use them when pushed into a corner.

In the US we think about ourselves first, and everyone else second, just like the people of Russia, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, China, Iran, North Korea, South Korea, Israel, Canada, I could go on like this for quite a while. Self survival is one of the things that make us human, we care not what happens to somebody who we do not know 8,000 miles away, we care about where our next meal is coming from, keeping the water flowing, making sure we have a place to sleep at night. If you want a good example of this, look at Rwanda, if one UN delegate had mentioned the word "genocide" the UN would have been bound by their Charter to step in and end the slaughter in Rwanda, everyone made a point of not using that word. And then there are people who say that Iraq had the WMD's because American companies gave them the agents to make the weapons. Ok, that only furthers our cause to invade, we made a mistake and so we attempted to fix it.

Kirill K said:
Well said Locke ..... I couldnt have said better my self. I think America shouldnt try to control all the nations around the world. IMO they try to control every big issue that happens in each nation, they try to stick their noses into other countries problems. And now they paid for it. But that's only what i think, not trying to offend anyone.

Gee, like Russia in Eastern Europe and the Pre-Balkans?

EagleStrike said:

You know, right after 9/11 I would have agreed with you, then my head cleared and I looked at the facts and realised that the information that Bush would have needed to see this coming never got to him, and understandably so, after all, the oceans have always been a buffer for the US, during WWII only a handful of U-boats made it to the east coast to attack shipping, it was rumored that a Japanese sub was spotted in San Francisco harbor but I have not heard of any ship sinkings, who would have thought that an attack would have occured? It had not happened before, 9/11 was as much a lack of imagination as it was a breakdown in intelligience gathering.

Damien.... the point is that USA sticks their noses into others countries problems and tries to solve it for them, and then creates more problems in the future. For example when Russia was at war with Afghanistan the USA supplied weapons to those terrorists such as Osama Bin Laden, which was fighting against the Russians. In the end they made a problem in giving weapons to more terrorists.

Well... the Afghanistan support was to contain Communism.
What if the USSR had won in Afghanistan? they could have joined up with India and India, under the pressure of the USSR's forces so close by may have been coerced into joining forces.

What we have is simply an imbalance of power. When there was a USSR, there was a need for America's presence world wide. Now that there is no USSR, a lot of countries are questioning America's presence.

Now as for 9/11... I don't think that tells the whole picture.

But I like Winston Churchill's quote. He's everything you want in a leader.

I believe the Afghanis felt we didn't help enough. We supplied them primarily with anti-aircraft weapons.

But if you're going to blame anyone for the taliban, look to Pakistan. Not to mention the stockpiles Soviet Russia left, no doubt.

Well its anywhere USSR or Russia went they supported the countries against USSR or Russia. Also if they supported the country from communism being spread, why shouldn't RUSSIA support Iraq with weapons?? We should stop USA from spreading Democracy?? Is that how it works?

Kirill K said:
Damien.... the point is that USA sticks their noses into others countries problems and tries to solve it for them, and then creates more problems in the future. For example when Russia was at war with Afghanistan the USA supplied weapons to those terrorists such as Osama Bin Laden, which was fighting against the Russians. In the end they made a problem in giving weapons to more terrorists.

The problem wasn't giving people like Osama weapons, it was what we did afterwords that caused problems, abandoning the Afganhis to try and take care of themselves rather than helping to rebuild.

Let us see what happened that last two times that the US did not "Stick our noses into other countries problems." Ever hear of the Great War? Or World War II? You know, when the US tried to let you guys solve your own problems, we all know how that turned out. See what happens is these regional problems tend to spread, and eventually become global problems, so we step in before it can spread.

Kirill K said:
Well its anywhere USSR or Russia went they supported the countries against USSR or Russia. Also if they supported the country from communism being spread, why shouldn't RUSSIA support Iraq with weapons?? We should stop USA from spreading Democracy?? Is that how it works?

If that was within your power I am sure you would try to do that, but alas, you lack the ability to do such so therefore you are delegated to a position that is a shadow of your former strength and influence, besides, why would Russia want to stop the spread of Democracy? You are Democratic yourselves now, or is it that the same people are in charge in Russia with only a change in name?

Kirill K said:

Um, you use democracy, so why is supporting Saddam justified after the cold war? Not that the proxy wars should be justified, anyways.

Also, thanks to the US minding our own business, your country got seven decades of communism. The US, along with the UK, made an expedition to Russia during the civil war, backing the white Russians. But ah, we let you fix it yourselves....

"We should stop USA from spreading Democracy?? Is that how it works?"

And let all dictators, terrorists, communists and all other in the same gategory to act free and terrorize the world?

Why not to stop Russia's actions in Chechnya? What are they doing there?

More info about Chechnya from www.kavkazcenter.com

Euro spike the actions in Chechnya is strickly because of terrorists and that those people cant run their own country and they pose a threat to others countries around them. There is always terrorist that try to control Chechnya. And if they do it will be trouble for all.

Back