Which country might be responsible for the disaster of 9/11

Umm, motive wise might be......means wise, i say there are loads more.Welcome to the 21st century.

No one is really all that sure what countries are responsible for financing the bombing. I remember seeing somewhere that Bin Laden was out of his own personal funds by September 11th, so it had to be financed by a nation. Like I said, only history will tell what happened when the dust clears.

2Asskicker said:
many arabians think U.S is responsbile for its own disaster,
wut u ppl think about it?

This all goes back to the Crusades, when an Egyptian Caliph destroyed the Church of Seplica(sp?), which had basically sewn the seeds for todays conflicts.

Damien435 said:
Xion said:
Umm, motive wise might be......means wise, i say there are loads more.Welcome to the 21st century.

motive and the means, not motive or the means.

There are many more countries now which have the motive and the means to attack USA and not just China or Russia as was the case during the cold war era.

why do we need to theorise over who is responsible?
need a list of countries to go after???
terrorists are borderless cowards, you cannot pin them down.
you also, cant reall group together different terrorist groups.
lets not forget nelson mandella was jailed for charges which ammounted to terrorism, and hes hadn't considered a bad person todya. despite what people think, there are lots of shades in between black and white

Locke said:
...despite what people think, there are lots of shades in between black and white

Amen! That's something (which is truism to most of us) I've wanted point out to some members on this forum:

Things (including people) in this world are not either good or evil, or either "with us or against us", no matter who said so!

A terrorist may, when he's not fighting for his conviction, well be a kind uncle or even a sweetheart living right in your neighborhood. A man may risk his life to save yours in an accident and turns around to blow up a government building with hundreds of people in it for what he considers to be just cause. This is how people are, have been, and will be for only-God-knows-how-long to come.

That certainly applies to every nation, every race, every religious group, every non-religious group, every community, etc.

Locke said:
lets not forget nelson mandella was jailed for charges which ammounted to terrorism, and hes hadn't considered a bad person todya.

Nelson Mandella did not go about killin innocent ppl and exploding bombs in public places.

Locke said:
despite what people think, there are lots of shades in between black and white.

I didn't understand what that means.

It's all a game, what you said is fundamental truth of life, everything is comparative and relative, but you cant live life that way.What i got from what you said is "lets forgive a terrorist who killed an innocent child for his cause, just because he saved someones life sometime in his life".

To Xion,

No, that is not what I said and meant. I meant that you simply can't group people into the Godly and the evildoers, and then "righteously" kill the latter. You (referring to any human being and any government) can only resort to rules that are agreed upon by all or by the majority, in the form of law, international law, etc. If anyone is to define good and evil by his own standards or double standards, and to act upon his own such standards, the world will be in chaos.

When it's the US vs. small nations like Iraq, it's a huge mess. When it's between or among large nations such as the US, Russia, China, etc. it could be the end of human civilization this time around... unless someone chickens out and just couldn't push that button at the last moment. But you can't count on that, can you?

I still don't know why we are talking about this, it was not a country or governmental body responsible, it was Al Qaeda.

One or a couple of them, yes. Though I don't think it was an overall conspiracy by a state, just their influences spawned the monster Al Queda.

i would also like to say that i think that a lot of work MUST be done to understand each other cultures, cuz at the moment its not happening. you cant go into somewhere and not make an effort to understand peoples backgorunds and beliefs, and understand them well.
if you dont know thier background, how will you negotiate and communicate with them??

I agree....but i have to blame that the intelligence should have seen it coming.... and i heard that there was a rumor that they knew about it and reported it... but Bush or some didnt listen. and i think its their fault for underestimating their attacker, and they lacked the security, so they can prevent it.

I wouldn't point figures at nations because there are too many factors that have likely caused this. It's not a nation who is responsible, it's someone who is responsible.

I believe George Bush was the main person responsible for the attack. Notice not one other president got attacked except him and now he is creating conflicts all over the world.

Only that attempted basement attack to Clinton in 1993 in the WTC

Back