Which country is the best ally of USA except for Israel in Middle East?

Hmmm..... other than Israel. I would have to say the Brits, Aussies, and Poles. Those are our biggest allies right now other than Israel.

Folks - The subject said "In the middle East".

My answer is Jordan followed by Egypt. There are also the smaller countries like the UAE, Bahrain, etc which we have been allied to for decades.

How many troops does Israel have in Iraq or Afghanistan, did Israel fight in other conflicts where it's interests are not at stake.

Folks - The subject said "In the middle East".

My answer is Jordan followed by Egypt. There are also the smaller countries like the UAE, Bahrain, etc which we have been allied to for decades.

You stole my answer (Jordan)! I think Libya is definitely coming around too.

hmmm...other than us there are the Turks, who are US and Israeli friendly most of the time. They also have a very good location for USA airforce to be postioned when operating against countries in central asia. Jordan is more of a British influenced country, but is also in very good relations with usa.

Dear Members,

First the question is wrong. The US has taken a moral obligation to insure Israelis survival. That does not make Israel an ally. It more a client state. The US can not base aircraft in Israel to launch attacks. It would be political sucide. Israel pushes that it is the US most faithful ally in the Middle East (and some the world) but this is basically propaganda. Israel does what is strictly in its interest and nothing else. For example Israel refused to send even a token volunteer company (150 men) to the Korean War and later to help in the Bosnia. In fact Israel has taken advantage of the US by taking US weapons and copying them and selling them to others (China is a good example of that -- check out its latest fighter and antitank missile). Also, Israel took intelligence that Jonathan Pollard provided and actually bartered it to nations hostile to the US in exchange for intelligence on the Moslem world.

In reality the most loyal and valuable ally that the US has had is the UK, Canada, Japan, Australia and Thailand. Turkey was one time in this list, but because of US ignoring of and mistreatment of Turkey that is no longer the case. In fact considering how the US has belittled Canadas help in past wars it is surprising that Canada is still an ally.

Jack E. Hammond

Dear Jack's Member,

How can you reconcile your claims of Israel being a client state and then in the same paragraph openly accuse them of betraying the US and following their own agenda? To my way of thinking these two claims stand in diametric opposition to each other.

Bull-d-o-double-g

How many troops does Israel have in Iraq or Afghanistan, did Israel fight in other conflicts where it's interests are not at stake.

Wow. Imagine how much worse Iraq would be if there were Israeli troops patrolling the streets. It'd make Lebanon look like a tea party. Some of the claims made in this thread about Israel are reasonable. They are pretty self serving. To a point I can understand that considering their location. Disseminating our tech doesn't fall under that understanding. I don't see why they wouldn't be considered allies, though. An alliance doesn't necessarily have to mean that troops will be provided. How much has the US gained from Israeli intel on the Middle East? If nothing else, "My enemy's enemy..."

Yeah, because that wouldn't be couter-productive or anything, hey, let's send troops from the country they hate and want to eradicate from the face of the planet to patrol their streets, that won't create any animosity or anger in the populace.

Kurdistan :p

well lol, actually, I'd have to say Jordan. Al Quaeda in Iraq bombed Radisson and tried to plea with the Jordanians, that were chanting "Al Zarqawi is a low life", that it had nothing to do with Islam for the bombings.

Back