which countries do you think are the most neutral

chewie_nz

Banned
which countries do you think are the most neutral? just curious as i think NZ manages to keep pretty close to that hard to walk line.

hmm i was going to say the UK being patriotic, but our prime minister seems to keen to please america and drags england into amercas wars so we are just as hostile as america as a result

jimmyboy said:
hmm i was going to say the UK being patriotic, but our prime minister seems to keen to please america and drags england into amercas wars so we are just as hostile as america as a result

A true neutral country can not be part of an allience. NATO is an allience.

By that, I ment that it was allready too late ;)

Switzerland is the number 1 one.

They have a small land force and airforce that is slowly being phased down to even smaller numbers. Also as said before they aren't even in the EU.

I have a theory...
What if...They are a race of alliens or maybe decendants of Atlantis and do not want to interfere with our race?

Locke said:
the vatican

You must be joking...the pope is a master strategist...he's just about ready to annex Ukraine for the papacy... (j/k) :D

But on a serious side I wouldn't count Vatican as a neutral state...many wars have been fought because of the words of the pope whoever he might have been at that particular time...and if not for that the pope has considerably too much influence(behind the scenes influence) in my opinion for the Vatican to be considered neutral.

The Vatican is pretty neutral in terms of behavior but because they are the capital of Catholicism, they can't be considered neutral. A neutral state must not represent any specific alliance, ethnicity or belief system at the international scale. Switzerland, the mostly Christian (I think) doesn't exhibit this behavior internationally while the Vatican is an obvious advocate for Catholicism.

I think that they are hiding something up their sleeves. Why are they so neutral? why do they make their military so small? What if they got some advanced tech and are ready to take over the world, what if they are the next rulers of europe?

They take a lot of pride in being neutral. They know that by being a neutral country, they help in being moderators during disputes etc. Neutrality is a part of their national identity... a part of their culture if you will.
I don't think they're hiding anything and as far as tech goes, they're not the best in the world so I wouldn't worry about that.
Also I highly doubt they have the motivation or even the means to take over Europe. That's something Germany tried to do twice and something that France does in its wet dream.

USAFAUX2004 said:
I think that they are hiding something up their sleeves. Why are they so neutral? why do they make their military so small? What if they got some advanced tech and are ready to take over the world, what if they are the next rulers of europe?

Bhutan..... has anyone heard of it? It's that neutral that you probably haven't: it's a small Himalayan nation not gripped by civil war like Nepal or under occupation like Tibet.

Bhutan is India-sided, can't be called neutral.As a matter of fact some part of their administration is handled by India.The country really has no political significance in the world or it might not have been recognised yet, whatever you may say.But yeah its a land of good ppl, not terrorism supporting nations like a few others bordering India.

Bhutan signed a political Treaty with independent India in 1949, much before it stepped out of its self-imposed isolation in early sixties. According to Article 2 of the Indo-Bhutan Treaty, 1949, at least theoretically, Bhutan is required to consult India in the conduct of its external relations. Although, the basic framework of the bilateral relations may be the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation of 1949. However, the Treaty which was signed in 1949, has never become an irritant factor in the traditional warm relationship between the two countries. There are frequent state visits between two countries. The Indian ministers and top army brass also keep visiting Bhutan, frequently. India is responsible for Bhutanese security. Indian Military Training Team (IMTRAT) is based in Bhutan to provide training to Bhutanese security forces.

source: http://www.bhutannewsonline.com/india_bhutan.html

What about Iceland?
Try to find some information about their armed forces.

Oh.... thats right.... They dont have any.

Switzerland is realy the only major Neutrel nation. They have made it through 2 world wars without picking sides 'officialy'. Sure they have 300,000 men in uniform and only a population of roughly 7 million......

Grimnar said:
What about Iceland?
Try to find some information about their armed forces.

Oh.... thats right.... They dont have any.

Right, they don't have any, but as far as I know they started to recruit a few hundreds volunteers some yrs ago after 9/11. They realized that their country was being exposed to any threat from any terrorist group in the world.
I honestly don't know how much of that is done.

Nevertheless, Iceland is part of NATO- they offer their territory to the Alliance.

Although Reykjavik was chosen as some USA- USSR bilateral agreements 'halfway' location, but yeah Iceland is a member of Nato.

Back