which countries do you think are the most neutral

--

January 17th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Topic: which countries do you think are the most neutral

which countries do you think are the most neutral? just curious as i think NZ manages to keep pretty close to that hard to walk line.
January 17th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Switzerland they are not even in the EU
January 17th, 2005  
jimmyboy

hmm i was going to say the UK being patriotic, but our prime minister seems to keen to please america and drags england into amercas wars so we are just as hostile as america as a result
--
January 17th, 2005  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy
hmm i was going to say the UK being patriotic, but our prime minister seems to keen to please america and drags england into amercas wars so we are just as hostile as america as a result
A true neutral country can not be part of an allience. NATO is an allience.

By that, I ment that it was allready too late
January 17th, 2005  
Darcia

Switzerland is the number 1 one.

They have a small land force and airforce that is slowly being phased down to even smaller numbers. Also as said before they aren't even in the EU.
January 18th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

I have a theory...
What if...They are a race of alliens or maybe decendants of Atlantis and do not want to interfere with our race?
January 18th, 2005  
Locke

the vatican
January 18th, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
the vatican
You must be joking...the pope is a master strategist...he's just about ready to annex Ukraine for the papacy... (j/k)

But on a serious side I wouldn't count Vatican as a neutral state...many wars have been fought because of the words of the pope whoever he might have been at that particular time...and if not for that the pope has considerably too much influence(behind the scenes influence) in my opinion for the Vatican to be considered neutral.
January 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

The Vatican is pretty neutral in terms of behavior but because they are the capital of Catholicism, they can't be considered neutral. A neutral state must not represent any specific alliance, ethnicity or belief system at the international scale. Switzerland, the mostly Christian (I think) doesn't exhibit this behavior internationally while the Vatican is an obvious advocate for Catholicism.
January 18th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Switzerland.