which countries do you think are the most neutral

Neutral? You mean like in color? I vote for Sudan in that case.

There really are no neutral countries. Switzerland may come closest but even it has it's own interests of course and will make agreements to ensure them.

The words cancel out. To be neutral you must be so completely. To be less overt is not "most neutral". It's like saying "A little bit pregnant". The topic would be talking about something accurate if it were titled "least overt" rather than "most neutral". You can be neutral between warring parties but you cannot be entirely neutral in all things. So it is inaccurate to say "most neutral" as no nation is such.

new zealand, always

hell we told the US to take a jump for Operation iraqi freedom, and yet sent troops to afghanistan.

always on the fence we is

New Zealand did that cos it was the great USA, would they do it if suppose Iran attacked Iraq and asked for help ??... I think in diplomacy one cannot be neutral, you have to always keep thinking about what your own country will gain from it and how you can get ahead of others.

Xion said:
New Zealand did that cos it was the great USA, would they do it if suppose Iran attacked Iraq and asked for help ??... I think in diplomacy one cannot be neutral, you have to always keep thinking about what your own country will gain from it and how you can get ahead of others.

because it was the great USA? this was at the same time as we were chasing a very important free trade deal...which then fell through because we wouldn't support the invasion of iraq. it actually harmed our exports and yet our government did what was right rather than chase the money. of that i am very proud

Darcia said:
Switzerland is realy the only major Neutrel nation. They have made it through 2 world wars without picking sides 'officialy'. Sure they have 300,000 men in uniform and only a population of roughly 7 million......

I'm quite suprised that Sweden wasn't mentioned once as it is a neutral country :lol:

EagleStrike said:
Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, New Zealand

The Aussies have been with us through more conflicts then the brits, they are about as pro American as it gets. They aren't even close to neutral.

Yah forget australia as a neutral then. I just never seem to hear about them, no offence to you aussies! They're like the unheard heros of some wars.

In that case, no one.
It's like objectivity. Complete objectiveness is actually totally impossible because words in our languages themselves aren't objective to begin with.

Charge_7 said:
The words cancel out. To be neutral you must be so completely. To be less overt is not "most neutral". It's like saying "A little bit pregnant". The topic would be talking about something accurate if it were titled "least overt" rather than "most neutral". You can be neutral between warring parties but you cannot be entirely neutral in all things. So it is inaccurate to say "most neutral" as no nation is such.

Switzerland is the most neutral country but in 1991 they kinda broke the tradition by donating money and closing Iraqi accounts during the Gulf War so they arent perfectly neutral but they come close!!

Back