Counter-bloggers

major liability

http://rawstory.com/2010/01/obama-staffer-infiltration-911-groups/

"Cass Sunstein, a Harvard law professor, co-wrote an academic article entitled "Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures," in which he argued that the government should stealthily infiltrate groups that pose alternative theories on historical events via "chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine" those groups."

This is exactly what the internet needs: More bull****. I hope they realize that if they do such a thing they are vindicating all the conspiracy theorists they detest. Personally, I'm neutral on the subject - people should make up their own minds and do their own research. This kind of government intervention in expression does not sit well with me. Though I will admit ignorant people are quite annoying, the government really should not have anything to do with it other than improving the education system.

Last edited:
Though I will admit ignorant people are quite annoying, the government really should not have anything to do with it other than improving the education system.

Agree 100%.
But it's not just the government. There needs to develop a culture of education, that is, to truly believe in its value.
Also the status of teachers too. In America, most folks feel that teachers are folks who just couldn't hack it in the "real world" from what I gather.
Now imagine an Army where the Drill Sergeants were picked from the worst NCOs unfit to serve in a combat unit? What kind of Army would that be? Just the same, if teachers are picked from people who are unfit to work in the real world, just what kind of country would that be?

This anti-blogging is just BS... it's pretending to do work.

I thought the net was already monitored especially those *T* sites promoting lies against western culture seeking sympathy for their cause n what not. As for raising the bar regarding teachers, yes, I agree. I've found those in the younger grades are sometimes off in left field and rather immature or unrealistic expectations of kids. Scary, really. :???:

Well Sunstien is the same Whackadoodle that thinks animals should be able to sue humans......so what did you expect.

Look at his name. He is referring to the holocaust deniers. I think people already know these people are whack jobs, no need to waste millions of dollars of tax payers money.

Back