Jimmy MacDonald, a City Councillor from Glasgow, was Asked on a Local

Live Radio Talk Show, just what He thought about the Allegations of

Torture of Suspected Terrorists.

His Reply prompted His Ejection from the Studio, but to Thunderous

Applause from the Audience…………

'If hooking up one Rag-Head Terrorist's Testicles to a Car Battery gets

the truth out of the Lying Little Camel shagger to save just one Scottish

Soldiers Life, then I have only Three things to say; Red is Positive, Black

is Negative and make sure his Nuts are Wet…………

Very glad to see political correctness is alive and well north of the border!:D
Good on you Jimmy!:cheers:

No wonder the Romans built a wall!

Yep and I love it:bravo:

The Jocks don't usually mince words. Mind you, most of the time people don't know what they are saying except other Jocks:mrgreen:

Met a guy whos mum was scottish and dad was Norwegian.
Spent the whole time with him smiling and noddind and hoping he wasn't asking any questions!
Could not understand a word he was saying!

But this councillor is only saying what alot of people are thinking, but a scared of saying incase they get accused of being racist, un-pc etc.
Its amazing how little coverage this got in the British Media.

It's a great joke, but sadly it's only that, and it has been credited to just about anyone and everyone whom people feel fit the bill.

Did Don Cherry really make this statement on live radio?

DON CHERRY of hockey night in Canada, was asked on a local live radio
talk show, just what he thought about the allegations of torture of
suspected terrorists. His reply prompted his ejection from the
studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience,... etc http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100813164621AAGZjAJ
T. B. Bechtel, a City Councillor from Newcastle, Australia, was asked on a local live radio talk show, just what he thought about the allegations of torture of suspected terrorists. His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous
applause from the audience. http://www.austech.info/general-chat/20502-fact-fiction.html
However it is perhaps credited to, T. "Bubba" Bechtol the pseudonym of James Teryl Bechtol a US comedian though he personally takes no credit for it. http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/bechtol.asp

Last edited:
Honestly, I really do not care who said it...

Really, if it takes to do that to save a life, especially when dealing with a punk terrorist, so be it...

Zap that sucker, I say...

Dont fly with me, sorry:

Lets see, we are talking "suspected" terrorist here.

Would you still find it OK if it were you the suspected terrorist? I mean, I go out and denounce you: E.g., you told me in private you are really mad with the government, "something has to be done", you own a farm and hence a lot of ammonio-nitrate (like me), suspicions arise... Of course, you will claim you are not a terrorist (dont they all?). Tweak your balls will surely get me a confession, though, but would it save a life or assure you were after all a terrorist?

Think, really. We have fought over centuries as mankind and societies to get rid of this "where there is smoke there must be a fire" approach to justice, and since the Inquisition it is known that you can torture any confession out of people, like having had sex with the devil, etc. I thas not been proven, though, that the burning at the stake of those who confessed saved any innocent Christians from the devils assault, though.

This achieved value - lawful procedure in a secular state with separation of pwers - has cost more than one live, millions to be precise, and we should not throw it away just like that, might be you or your daughter in this chair with the battery in front next time but then it would be too late to ask for going back to the lawful procedures that were established before the mob started ruling again.

Dont dishonor the millions that sacrificed for this value for one person you might (or not) save.

Rattler

Last edited:
I think the essence of the story here is how the vast majority of decent, law abiding, honest people are increasingly frustrated at seeing people who chose to step outside the bounds of the law, decency, and morality, go running back and hide behind the very laws and morals they chose to break and ignore.
No one wants to see an innocent person brutalised when they are innocent of any wrong doing.
But likewise, people are sick and tired of the guilty escaping justice by hiding behind decent society, the same decent society they are willing to destroy, and mock.
I was seriously assaulted at work, I'm a Paramedic.
I was knocked to the ground and kicked and punched by FIVE brave men.
I managed to keep hold of the ring leader and he was arrested when the Police arrived, his "friends" all ran off.
Despite having independant witnesses, he got away scot free, because there were more laws to protect his rights than there are to protect mine.
As a result of the attack, I have permant injuries to my back and I am in constant pain.
So yes, if the authorities have to get rough with some scumbag, anti social, law breaking, vile pile of dung, I won't loose any sleep.

Dont fly with me, sorry:

Lets see, we are talking "suspected" terrorist here.

Would you still find it OK if it were you the suspected terrorist? I mean, I go out and denounce you: E.g., you told me in private you are really mad with the government, "something has to be done", you own a farm and hence a lot of ammonio-nitrate (like me), suspicions arise... Of course, you will claim you are not a terrorist (dont they all?). Tweak your balls will surely get me a confession, though, but would it save a life or assure you were after all a terrorist?

Think, really. We have fought over centuries as mankind and societies to get rid of this "where there is smoke there must be a fire" approach to justice, and since the Inquisition it is known that you can torture any confession out of people, like having had sex with the devil, etc. I thas not been proven, though, that the burning at the stake of those who confessed saved any innocent Christians from the devils assault, though.

This achieved value - lawful procedure in a secular state with separation of pwers - has cost more than one live, millions to be precise, and we should not throw it away just like that, might be you or your daughter in this chair with the battery in front next time but then it would be too late to ask for going back to the lawful procedures that were established before the mob started ruling again.

Dont dishonor the millions that sacrificed for this value for one person you might (or not) save.

Rattler

Mr Rattler, I understand where you are coming from, believe me.

I am a Muslim, I think almost everyone here knows that. Right now, if you are talking about the term terrorist- the image that will come to your mind would be almost always a turbaned guy with beard, toting an AK, chanting "Allah hu Akbar" (God is great)- good phrase, wrong application...

Why do I say this? Most people, especially Westerners, think that my faith is vile and evil. Why? It is because of these idiots- the so called Islamic terrorist. They go around creating mayhem, claiming to do it in the name of the Almighty, when what they are really doing is to further their agenda, nothing else. What is the rest of the Muslim community is doing- nothing!

Why? Simply because they are afraid of being labelled a supporter of the West. Do I blame the people who thinks that Islam is a vile religion? I don't. I blame my fellow Muslims for not taking a stand and openly and publicly stating that. "Look, this is NOT the teachings of Islam, Islam does not condone this, and the people who do such things will be considered apostate".

So, if it need be, yes, I say, go ahead and do what needs to be done to ensure that these idiots know when they resort to violence to further their agenda, they can aspect that no quarter be given. It is only fair to those that they have caused harm.

I also would like to think that our governments would have exhausted all options before resorting to such measures. And from my experience dealing with interrogation, torturing would be counter productive, actually. They would tell you what you want to hear, and the real information sought may not be obtained or verified.

On a lighter note, Mr Rattler, it is a joke. I checked. Apparently, it was attributed to several people.

Last edited:
Mr Rattler, I understand where you are coming from, believe me.

I am a Muslim, I think almost everyone here knows that. Right now, if you are talking about the term terrorist- the image that will come to your mind would be almost always a turbaned guy with beard, toting an AK, chanting "Allah hu Akbar" (God is great)- good phrase, wrong application...

Why do I say this? Most people, especially Westerners, think that my faith is vile and evil. Why? It is because of these idiots- the so called Islamic terrorist. They go around creating mayhem, claiming to do it in the name of the Almighty, when what they are really doing is to further their agenda, nothing else. What is the rest of the Muslim community is doing- nothing!

Why? Simply because they are afraid of being labelled a supporter of the West. Do I blame the people who thinks that Islam is a vile religion? I don't. I blame my fellow Muslims for not taking a stand and openly and publicly stating that. "Look, this is NOT the teachings of Islam, Islam does not condone this, and the people who do such things will be considered apostate".

So, if it need be, yes, I say, go ahead and do what needs to be done to ensure that these idiots know when they resort to violence to further their agenda, they can aspect that no quarter be given. It is only fair to those that they have caused harm.

I also would like to think that our governments would have exhausted all options before resorting to such measures. And from my experience dealing with interrogation, torturing would be counter productive, actually. They would tell you what you want to hear, and the real information sought may not be obtained or verified.

On a lighter note, Mr Rattler, it is a joke. I checked. Apparently, it was attributed to several people.

Well said Viper.

Back