Could the U.S have conquered earth?

battery

I'm not saying that the U.S ever would have the intention to do so, ever in history would it have been possible for the U.S to conquer earth? I was thinking it was possible in the 1940's and 50's but i'm not sure... What do you guys think?

We'll just settle for half the world's kids wearing Michael Jordan jerseys, drinking a Coke and singing an awful Top 40 song.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
No, wouldn't have enough men to garrison it all.

I don't know if pure manpower would be required; we were the only country with the capability to make nuclear weapons. Britain were the only ones who had a clue about it all...

battery said:
Chocobo_Blitzer said:

I don't know if pure manpower would be required; we were the only country with the capability to make nuclear weapons. Britain were the only ones who had a clue about it all...

Errm, Germany and Russia knew about it quite a bit.

If USA could produce 2 nukes per month in 1945, then it could.

In 1945 USA only need to nuke Russia to ruins in order to control whole world.

I'm thinking that we could have forced Europe, Japan, madagascar, etc etc into submission and use them as bases... just a thought, perhaps truman would go crazy and figure " THE ONLY WAY TO ENSURE AMERICAN SAFETY IS TO ELIMINIATE ALL THREATS " who knows

Didn't take the Soviets more than a year or two to spy out everything they needed to know. We weren't in a position to make them fast enough to nuke all opposition before the oppostions got their own.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
battery said:
Chocobo_Blitzer said:

Errm, Germany and Russia knew about it quite a bit.

This is true, but would it really matter? Germany was in ruins, all of their scientists practically ran to U.S, Russia would most likely be the U.S's first target- the whole threat thing :)

godofthunder9010 said:
Didn't take the Soviets more than a year or two to spy out everything they needed to know. We weren't in a position to make them fast enough to nuke all opposition before the oppostions got their own.

That's why I said if US could produce 2 nukes per month.

24 nukes should be completely enough to destroy Soviet Union, after that a conventional army could conquer everything.

FlyingFrog said:
godofthunder9010 said:

That's why I said if US could produce 2 nukes per month.

24 nukes should be completely enough to destroy Soviet Union, after that a conventional army could conquer everything.

I'm just looking for other peoples opinions... But yes, You're thinking what I am thinking. Take out all nations that had a clue about nuclear tech.

I don't think the US would have had the level of tyranny neccessary to do such a thing.
If the US had a monopoly on nuclear weapons and had the WILL to nuke anyone who disobeyed, I think they very well could have controlled the world.
The man power part wouldn't really be neccessary. All you need is spies and troops in key locations. Lots of spies would be neccessary though to keep an eye on what people are doing. Remove those leaders who are not faithful to you and nuke the people who are against you.
Also you must control all the world's press and make sure you have a healthy propaganda machine providing the whole world's news.

So you would need:
1) Monopoly on Nukes
2) Tyranny (I mean REAL tyranny, not the "America the oppressor today" type of bull**** tyranny)
3) Monopoly of press and high levels of propaganda.
4) Espionage networks.

the_13th_redneck said:
I don't think the US would have had the level of tyranny neccessary to do such a thing.
If the US had a monopoly on nuclear weapons and had the WILL to nuke anyone who disobeyed, I think they very well could have controlled the world.
The man power part wouldn't really be neccessary. All you need is spies and troops in key locations. Lots of spies would be neccessary though to keep an eye on what people are doing. Remove those leaders who are not faithful to you and nuke the people who are against you.
Also you must control all the world's press and make sure you have a healthy propaganda machine providing the whole world's news.

So you would need:
1) Monopoly on Nukes
2) Tyranny (I mean REAL tyranny, not the "America the oppressor today" type of bull**** tyranny)
4) Espionage networks.

Yes, Agreed. Our president would have needed to present one HELL of a speech to congress also.

Tyranny. Dictatorship. Rubber Stamp Congress. Disagree with dictator in chief? You'll be face down in a ditch with a 9mm hole in the back of your head.

the_13th_redneck said:

So you would need:
1) Monopoly on Nukes
4) Espionage networks.
Yeah, this is pretty valid. The US would have had to reinvent itself completely before it would have been able to happen. Even then, I don't think it would have worked out. I think that the world would grow wise to the US very quickly and everyone would combine to destroy them.

godofthunder9010 said:
the_13th_redneck said:

So you would need:
1) Monopoly on Nukes
4) Espionage networks.
Yeah, this is pretty valid. The US would have had to reinvent itself completely before it would have been able to happen. Even then, I don't think it would have worked out. I think that the world would grow wise to the US very quickly and everyone would combine to destroy them.

It's hard for me to repel this. What would we be doing that would make nations "grow wise" to our actions?

If we, for instance, begin a campaign of conquest of North and South America, there is very little that the USA could do to disguise it. It becomes all the more obvious when we move on to the invasion of Africa and Eurasia. Diplomacy and misinformation can only cover you to a point.

godofthunder9010 said:
If we, for instance, begin a campaign of conquest of North and South America, there is very little that the USA could do to disguise it. It becomes all the more obvious when we move on to the invasion of Africa and Eurasia. Diplomacy and misinformation can only cover you to a point.

This is true, who is to say the invasion would start with Canada and South America though?

Back