Could the Sino-Russian alliance spark a cold war or WWlll?

Do you think a hostilities between the Sino-Russian alliance and the Japanese-USA alliance could spa

• Possibly a Cold war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possibly WWlll

• Possibly a skirmish fight for Taiwan,but not a world war.

• None of the above.

• Total voters

WorldWatcher

Russia and China has formed a new alliance.The Sino-Russian alliance. Russia now sells billions and billions of dollars of military equipment such as submarines,fighter jets, and aircraft carriers to China each year. Russia backs China in a possible Taiwan invasion.USA has declared it will defend Taiwan from China.USA's allies in defending Taiwans would be UK,Japan and possibly Australia and/or Canada. Do you think these new hostilities could spark a new cold war between the Sino-Russian alliance and the Japanese-American alliance or even lead to a WWlll?

With Russia's views on the recent chrisis in the Ukraine, and theeir ties with China (who i'm sorry to say isn't exactly the U.S.'s best friend), I would say that it's not at it's best with the U.S. right now, so I would say in the most, a cold war, not a WWIII though. As for Taiwan, I'm leaving theat one alone. Redleg's not too keen on Taiwan/China discussions right now.

As for this topic, there is one similar to it where this could have been posted: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6477

Russia has not sold aircraft carriers to China :p
China and Russia will hold the first war game the next year.But I don't think they are alliance!

Maybe Americans think that Russia and China are friendly to each other.
But I don't think so,and also many people in China agree with me.

USSR and China were allied in history,but everything had been changed since 1960s. Also,because this reason,many people know well about Russia , its history and culture, and When I was young ,I also thought USSR and Russia are friendly to China :oops:

Russia and China have some spcial relations indeed,but they are not allied. Russia is more preferable to merge into Western world and watch out for China so much.Russia have no choice because USA and other western european countries do not accept another super power in their eastern side.

And I also think USA will not launch large-scale war with China for Taiwan.

For USA and China also have much interests the same way, more than it has on Taiwan.

Well,there is no alliance between Russia and China.Currently, common interests bring the two counties together, but too many differences still exist.Russia dont sell best weapons to China due to fearing China will threaten it in future.
Russia backs China in a possible Taiwan invasion.
I doubte Russia will do as you thought. it fear economy sanction from USA and western world, Russia will not back China,nor will other most countris.And China may face a very difficult situation then.

It seems to me that the time for any geostrategic discrepancy of any part in the next 10-20 years of time would be to commit suicide. I think the leaders of this part of the world that we call west and parts of the far east with China do know it´s importence in the future. When I saw this on the teli I didnt see any types of threatening pictures before me. I think that all the countrys do have something in common. The space program. And I think that space is the next step to build a civilized world in peace.

American shuttles got Russian rockets and America, Europe, Russia, China do all three have one thing in common. BIG-Space programs and I think that is why Russia and China moving closer togheter again. Look at China? Do that country really seems to be the biggest threat of this world? My point is no. In 2008 there will be Olympic`s in China. In 2012 some say that this world will go under. But I think that is an over statement.

I think the New World will be borned then. And this old world we are fighting for will be a world far from what it is today. I think both America, Europe, Russia and China would have good use of each others knowledge when this occure. Right now if I was in charge I would try to get closer allready with all this countrys because as some other posts have allready stated, the war is allready here and it will get even worse in the future. I think this is the war between the NEW-world and the OLD-world. Old values OUT more civilized west-far east modern IN. ;)

I think there is only one threat in this world and even if it is a big threat I think that problem will be solved by these countrys by then. It will probably be alot of blood spill and people will die but not between these countrys guns and rockets against each others. It is as after christmass (Easter) when you throw out the christmass tree. Out with the old and in with the new world. And melancholy it is but as necessary as the tide.

My 2 cents:
Doc.S
:viking:

westwater said:
I doubte Russia will do as you thought. it fear economy sanction from USA and western world, Russia will not back China,nor will other most countris.And China may face a very difficult situation then.

I don't think so.

You know that most countries in the world agree that there is only ONE China,and taiwan is a part of China.USA also agree with that.

I also think Russia will not send its soldiers to Taiwan strait once there happens a war,But Russia will surely support China politically!For its also has the same problem,some allied republic wannar be independent! So Russia and China will support each other.

Also,many western countries will not support China to settle Taiwan problem with force,But this is not means that they don't support China in
this problem! And, it is difficult to think France,German,Spain and so on,will support Tainwan Even when China use its force!

Austrilia has claimed that it will not be involved in when war happens, and Tainwan will not earn so much support.

You know,Tainwan is one part of China in international law.As a winner after WWII War,China certainly owns Taiwan which had been occupied by Japan for fifty years. It was claimed clearly in those treaties assigned in WWII war.

And also,most western countries has economic interests in China.It is hard to think a world economy without China.

Archit said:
You know,Tainwan is one part of China in international law.As a winner after WWII War,China certainly owns Taiwan which had been occupied by Japan for fifty years. It was claimed clearly in those treaties assigned in WWII war.

That is a topic in itself, search the forum and you'll find many threads that discusses the Taiwan = part of China? quesion.

China and Russia have tried a couple times to have a pseudo-alliance with one another or even just the old "brothers in Communism" thing. They don't trust each other enough to have a strong alliance ... not yet anyways.

That is a topic in itself, search the forum and you'll find many threads that discusses the Taiwan = part of China? quesion.
The majority of which have been locked or deleted, but you're right. Touchy subject.

Hi,

My first question is this China - Russia Alliance Senerio hypothatical or you have reason to belive they have formed a Alliance.............Increased business partners yes ............. but alliance i don't see any allience.

Russia and China have come closer but not close enough to form a Aliience. ?

Form the Day one Putin has been lobbying and gathering Support for a what he calles "strategic triangle" ( first he called it Trieple allience but the word allience is in itself dangerous to use so they have toned it down a bit ) .........it seems as if it's putins personal ambition to form this triangle ...........though he has not got much support form India and China on that matter ...............but every time he come he comes with this agenda :)...........The way i look at it Putin is hell bent on it ............every now and then he takes up this issue .

Some Phrases form Putin's recent Visit to india about Sino-Russia -India Triangle

And on Repeate of Cold war ............i think that Cold War senerio is gone Russia is no Longer Communist .............it's wrokng towards Full Democracy .........i don't think their Interest Should Clash that much that a Cold war scenerio woulld be formed...............that was a different time all together .................yes a Multipolar world could provide more stability to the world maybe ? maybe unipolar world is more stable .... who knows :roll:

Peace
-=SF-13=-

There will be No Alliance btw PRC and Russia.

BUT: the relationship in all Political, Economic and Military area's are booming and getting more closer each year.

Russian Defence Minister is at this moment in China for "BIG" deals, Chinese Defence Minister just stated today that a "Record" in the military deal is just broken today in the negotiation. You can figure out what this means.

Consider that in the long term, the USA won't be able to keep up with China and India. Those two lands are the rising stars right now. Putin can try to forge a triple alliance but the underlying thing is, Russia isn't at center stage anymore. They would be second most important of a three-way alliance at best.

godofthunder9010 said:
Consider that in the long term, the USA won't be able to keep up with China and India. Those two lands are the rising stars right now. Putin can try to forge a triple alliance but the underlying thing is, Russia isn't at center stage anymore. They would be second most important of a three-way alliance at best.

Exactly.

That's also part of the reason why PRC never considers the suggestions of Putin of forming a Russia-India-China Alliance,

But PRC will surely keep a good relationship with Russia, anyway they are our biggest and important neighbour.

finally there seems to be a dude from Taiwan coming to this forum,,

hope he can offers some first-hand point of view about taiwan-issue

anways, China and Russia probably are just friends for a short time,
we got a lot problems left throughout history, especailly on the border one, not a lot chinese ppl know it but Chinese government jst sighed a bad treaty with Russia (a secrect part of a treaty), and it estalishes the final border for two countries, China lost a lot lands,

in the future, when this treaty's secrect is pulished, Russia and China will not be friends anymore

DarkSmari said:
Japan would rather ally with china than to deal with the western dogs who rape our land and destory our people.

Who in the hell do you think your kidding? Its obvious your one of the Chinese guys who got banned.

Have you heard of the military crimes aginist japanese women in japan???

i was enraged when i typed this :cen: :cen:

chinese banned??? yes, there have been alot of them banned, great!!!!

en..........i haven't heard of that

wut i heard is more like how japanese treat those woman from korea and china,,

anyways, back to topic ppl

aliance between russia and china is sruelly a bad thing for japan..

This alliance is more than just economic friendlyness however.Russia is still selling billions of aircraft and submarines to China. India and China are rising stars in population but Russia is ahead of them both by far in technology which is why China spends so much money in buying from Russia, which is also helping to rebuild the Russian economy.

hi,

This alliance is more than just economic friendlyness however.Russia is still selling billions of aircraft and submarines to China

Russia Sells State-of-the-Art Wepons to anybdy and everybody that can pay for it ................that dosen't mean Alliance .............. Allience is much more than that ?

Millitary Allience is Very Distant Dream............Econominc and Statragatic Patnership at best could define it . :roll:

I would Consider this Scenerio Hypothatical and then comment on it .

Lets say in Future this Allience Comes into being and world becomes a MultiPolar .............Wouldn't USA + Japan + EU would be still bigger Economically ...............even USA+ japan is Bigger money wise they control 60 % worlds wealth jointly...........money wise they have the upperhand................and money can fund quite a few things ;)

A Modrate Cold War like secenetion not as Tence as that time at best can happen According to me ............The word "Competation" rather Cold War defines it better IMHO .

Back