Could you share a story where you experienced trauma from your time in the military?

Expecticalluloo

I am a student undertaking a project that focuses on stories of trauma and rehabilitation following human conflict. The results of which I need to illustrate in some way for example a comic book or an animation. I would love to hear and use your stories in my project. I am happy to keep them anonymous and would be happy to share the results on completion.

Because who wouldn't want to relive the moment their best friend and/or Brother in Arms died in their arms? Everyone wants to talk about their nightmares to some idjit who clearly has no clue how traumatic it is being in a warzone, right? -SMH- GTFO with your stupidity and insensitivity.

One of my uncles who was evacuated from Dunkirk ended up in a mental hospital. My dad visited him soon after he arrived in Dover and walked straight past him, he didn't recognise his own brother. He never really got over the trauma he suffered, during the filming of "Battle of Britain" seeing German bombers over London again brought all those horrific memories back, he suffered another nervous breakdown. So I agree with Sevens. There's plenty of information on the Internet to help you with your research.

I am a student undertaking a project that focuses on stories of trauma and rehabilitation following human conflict. The results of which I need to illustrate in some way for example a comic book or an animation. I would love to hear and use your stories in my project. I am happy to keep them anonymous and would be happy to share the results on completion.

One terrible night aboard HMAS Sydney I came up out of the Boiler room only to find that I'd missed out on the last chocolate soft serve icecream at the Canteen.

This terrible experience left me absolutely devastated, and to this day I still get vivid flashbacks leaving me in a cold sweat.

Those bloody Viet Cong had no idea how close they came to receiving a jolly sound thrashing, all but for the fact that my spirit had been broken before I got there.

Waaaahhhh!..... Sob, sob, time for some more happy pills.

I apologise for being insensitive. I did not mean for this post to come across this way. My plan for this project is to hopefully raise awareness for issues such as PTSD. Maybe asking for the stories is not the best approach when researching such a sensitive subject.

Back