Could you pass 8th grade Geography?

Damien435

You Passed 8th Grade Geography
pass.jpg

Congratulations, you got 8/10 correct!
Could You Pass 8th Grade Geography?
http://www.blogthings.com/couldyoupass8thgradegeographyquiz/

Just a note, even if you use an encyclopedia, dictionary, wikipedia and an atlas you will still only get 9/10 right. After a few people try this we will open this up for discussion. ;)

I passed my 8th grade Geography, with a 96.7% final grade ... I don't care what site you come up with for your test ... these questions are NOT included with most Geography tests at the 8th grade level. As a matter of fact, I can find NO school grade level that touches on all of the areas that were included in the test you referenced.

I can almost see where you are going with this thread ... the dumbing down of our schools (one possibility) ... this would be OK IF these were the questions which were included in the 8th grade tests ... as far as I can find ... THEY ARE NOT.
(I called one of my friends ... a 10th grade teacher ... he did not recognize all of the questions from any test he was familiar with).

lol i never had geography class in 8th grade.. o__O our shcool didnt have one..
lol i got 6/10 haha

Heehee ..........

JulesLee said:
lol i never had geography class in 8th grade.. o__O our shcool didnt have one..
lol i got 6/10 haha

QUES??????? 8th grade (or) Geography???

BAM!!! IG can now graduate from 8th grade. ;) That and your PhD should land you a nice spot on the debate team next year.

I didn't take Geography in 8th grade, we had it in 7th grade instead, and way back when I took that class the Nile River was the longest in the world and the Amazon River was the largest (volume of water). Now the question about Switzerland is definetly one from left field and in addition to that in 7th grade we did a lot of work on nation's names and capitals. If I had to revamp this test I would throw out three questions, numbers 2, 3 and 6, six mostly because it is either A.) incorrect and B.) since my time in 7th grade (7 years ago now) they discovered a new tributary to the Amazon which made it slightly longer than the Nile.

Damien is right. The Nile has been known to be the world's longest river as late as like two years ago when they -I believe- discovered another point where the Nile is born. There are several, the Kagera, the Red Nile, the Blue Nile etc. They picked one that made it shorter. But it's pretty much all BS as these things are opinable by other geographers.

Back