Could a M-3 Stuart defeat a Tiger Tank?

If I were given the task of defeating a Tiger with a Stuart, I would have it filled with RDX, fitted with a laser guidance system and fuze then dropped on the Tiger from as High as any aircraft could get it.

If I were given the task of defeating a Tiger with a Stuart, I would have it filled with RDX, fitted with a laser guidance system and fuze then dropped on the Tiger from as High as any aircraft could get it.

okay...this is original and i do like it. Its simular to when we were going to dispose of a old Air Force P-4 Fire truck by putting it in the back of a C-130 (or C-5 if we could get it) and dumping it out at 25,000 feet over a battle zone currently in action. we figured it would kinetically self destruct, but were willing to fill the P-4's tanks with some type of flammable goo...just so it would self destruct.

course, there really wasnt anyway of doing this in WWII but it was possible with a suicide rider...:thumb:

War is a study in cheating. Cheat better than the other guy and you're probably going to win ;)

Gasp, thats not cricket old chap:p

To get back to Spikes idea, the German Luftwaffe mounted a ME109 or FW190 to the back of an old bomber filled with explosives. The pilot of the fighter would take the combination off and on reaching the target drop off the bomber leaving it to crash onto the target.

It was called the Mistel.

Last edited:
Back