Could be leaving the Military?

LIPS

Thats right after 20yrs I could be leaving the Army for the Police. Well I have applied anyway so lets see what they say. I will keep you all up to date as time goes by.

LIPS said:
Thats right after 20yrs I could be leaving the Army for the Police. Well I have applied anyway so lets see what they say. I will keep you all up to date as time goes by.
After 20 years, you've got about all you can from the forces. Now you can start on a second retirement. Also, you'll know where your next duty is.

I'm assuming that the ADF has the same retirement plan as the USA, i.e. you are eligible for a 50% pension after 20 years service. If that's the case then by all means go for it while you are still relatively young (37, right?). If you wait too much longer the choices and chances for a second career in many fields like police work get slimmer as your age advances. Anyway, good luck!

tomtom22 said:
I'm assuming that the ADF has the same retirement plan as the USA, i.e. you are eligible for a 50% pension after 20 years service. If that's the case then by all means go for it while you are still relatively young (37, right?). If you wait too much longer the choices and chances for a second career in many fields like police work get slimmer as your age advances. Anyway, good luck!

After 20yrs in the ADF you get a FULL pension so life should be good in the police if I get in.

LIPS: Going to the police aye, what state? It is one of my long term plans too. Got any tertiary education?

If you have a chance at a good job in Civiy street then grab it while you can. You should be able to spend enough time in the police to pick up a second pension, and after 20 years you can say you have done your bit.

LIPS said:
After 20yrs in the ADF you get a FULL pension so life should be good in the police if I get in.

In that case, take it and run!!! Start enjoying life on the other side. Good luck!

RAInf said:
LIPS: Going to the police aye, what state? It is one of my long term plans too. Got any tertiary education?

Hopefully the NSW Police. I have my HSC and the certificates and vocational stuff that I picked up in my time. But thats about it.

Just found out today that I have passed the academic eligibility stage, now for the professional and medical suitablity.

Back