Could Japan develop a military presence to rival the best ?

well.....1500 horse power engine seems to be military hardware.....

that is why china cnat get it cuz it is a part of embargo..

Japan got good car industry, they got good engines..damn it

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Btw, they're crazy for not admitting their horrible past. But not crazy enough to commit suicide by starting war again, they're already wealthy.

Yeah,if anybody wannar to be China's friend,it is great.

And,China will never forget history and will never hesitate to counterpunch any offense.

Archit said:
And,China will never forget history and will never hesitate to counterpunch any offense.

Wrong doings can be forgiven, but should never be forgotten. Japanese should realize what they did was horribly wrong and sincerely apologize for their wrong doings during the WWII, not try to cover it up. I think that is why it's so difficult for the Chinese or anyone in the world to forgive them, because people don't know if they realized what they did was wrong.

true, taiwan buddy,
it seems many japanese young ppl do not realize their mistakes and start to become a bit hot head again like their grandparents..that is dangerous..

even there PM go worships the war criminals, that is a bad example.

Well it's rather mixed there. I grew up with many Japanese friends and they were aware of the past and the ones I got to know better even apologized to me personally. I told them it wasn't neccessary because they personally had nothing to do with it and they're a group that's changed for the better.

yeah, i belive most of japanese ppl are good ppl
just like most chinese are good ppl

but some japanese ppl seem to not admit their mistkaes, for example, they want to change text book stuff, tehy worship war criminals, tehy wrtoe books arguing about Rape of Nanking stuff...
those very small percentage of japanese pppl hurt koreans and chinese ppl's feelings. and tehy bring bad reputation for their own countries

It is always the small handful that always seen as the majority. It is a shame that most of society functions that way.

They are already doing so. Look at their Kongo destroyer and 90type tank.
The problem is not acquiescence, we ought to limit advanced weapons export to Jap.

If they are able to self produce weapons, very well. However, if Japan would mass-produce these weapons and starts mobilizing its armed forces on a massive scale, there is definite suspicion.

It will upset the balance of power in the Asian Pacific when China is already in the process.

if japan wants to develop some cool weapons, they can, no one cares..

the problem is that they want to become a super power again, they dont just use those weapons to defend themselvs..they wanna capture more lands, more resources..more population..

that is dangerous..
80 years ago, we saw the most scary ultra-nationaslists in japan..and they started war in asia and killed millions ..

i am afraid they are in japan again, small number but large influence

Back