Could Japan develop a military presence to rival the best ?

2Asskicker said:
sorry, since japan is the only natin in the world been nuked before, i just like to use this word together with "japan"

Technically, many countries got nuked. They do have to perform many tests, so they nuked themselves many times in the process of making nukes.

And what's with all the people here resorting to nukes?

Nukes

I hate nuclear weapons. Right now they are nothing more than stand off weapons. You can't use one against another country without a very real fear of one being thrown at you. Why do you think so many people were so upset during the cold war. Between Russia and the U.S. there was/is enough nuclear power to destroy the world 13x over.

I have read that they are in the process of developing more tactical nuclear weapons. The guidance systems and the actual payload itself are being overhauled, to allow for a more practical use of them. So that the military can use them to destroy a target and then be able to be in that area again after a short period of time.

While I agree that attacking Japan in WWII with the nukes was the right thing to do at the time, and saved countless lives by doing so, I wish we could disinvent nuclear weapons.

Ben

well..technically, only japan ppl suffer from nukes before,

anyways, japanese consititution said their military cant go to other countries' soil..
but their peace-keeping troops just came to iraq

moreoever, i ve heard tehy wanna change their consititution

HAHAHAHAHA! HA!

Us is so allied with Japan, we shall rise together.....

Then Japan stabs US in the back and we rule the world :rambo:

SwordFish_13 said:
United States $466.0 billion
China $65 billion
Russia $50 billion
France $46.5 billion
Japan $$44.7 billion

I'm wondering in your materials.Could you show the souce document or some links?

I'm just wondering the amount of China and Japan

Hi,

I'm wondering in your materials.Could you show the souce document or some links?

I'm just wondering the amount of China and Japan

There are Sources on my Post :cry: ....................... Why can't people find them ...enen when i Write Source people Don't click on them :(

Every line i post i try to back up with Source and Still people can't Find em :?

waaaaaaaaaa:cry:

Sad
-=SF_13-=

well..technically, only japan ppl suffer from nukes before,

Not true. you speak to any australian digger who was involved in the british nuclear tests at Maralinga in the 1950's. They've suffered because of it. Many have died, most have cancer from it, and how about the native aboriginals of the Maralinga lands. Their entire livelyhoods destroyed by British nuclear testing in the middle of the outback, which in 1950's Britain seemed like a totally uninhabited place, with only an aboriginal here and there to get in the way. These tests, although not "warlike" in nature, have killed many many people. So don't say on Japan suffered from nukes.

*excuse my extended rant here*

What is it with Nukes. It's like a trump card someone throws down when they can't formulate reasonable debates any more.... "oh yeah, well we'd just nuke the bastards" isn't a rational response to a question posed. Chances are, no country in it's right mind, or even in a wrong mind would dare use the nukes they have on hand. It is literally suicide. Please people don't bring nukes into the debate, they are pointless. Are we not trying to discuss military issues intelligently?...... lets drop the use of nukes in debate and sort it out.

*end of rant.... takes a deep breath and goes and takes a lie down*

Or the Service Members of the US involved in the testing in Nevada late 40's and into the 50's. Soliders and Marines advancing thru the blast area immeditaly after a blast. Same results as above.

Hi
[off Topic]

Nuclear testing in India has also caused similar results

:shock: WHAT .............Are we talking about 1974 tests or the Current 1998 Ones

I don't have much Information about 1974 Indian Nuclear test because i wasen't born then .:m1: :D

I am sure Nothing of sorts happened in 1998 test ........do have anyhitng to back your statement i would like to see it too ?

Peace
-=SF-13=-

lol..sorry about my comment of "only japan suffered nukes"

wut i mean was only japan suffers nukes in a war and they suffer because another side truly wants to hurt japan , not testing nukes something.

Japanese ppl, from wut i have known, are prettty war-love.....no offense,

i ve seen some japanese young ppl's posts on internet of ruling the world sometihgn,, they even made up an agenda, waging wars again in china

and there is temple in japan where all those died soldiers been worshiped, some of them are WW2 war criminals,

allowing japan to develop military probably means giving a gun to a ex-criminal, (we are not sure is he been reducated well or not)

it is very dangerous

allowing japan to develop military probably means giving a gun to a ex-criminal, (we are not sure is he been reducated well or not)

it is very dangerous

Particularly when a nation has a long history of wartime abuses such as the treatment of POW's, racism, extremely oppressive military occupation....that would also relate to my own country as well.

Germany is better than Japan on the issue of admiting mistakes and restablish friendships.

I dont know if there are still alot right-wing movemnt in germany or not, but in japan, it seems there are still alot voices in which they do not admit the mistakes they have made,

their attidude hurts koreans, chinese, and other asian ppl who endured the invasion from japan in WW2,

these neo-nazi movements in japan seems to be increasing these years, more and more books are rewritten about waging another war, not admiting mistakes in Rape of Naking, or saying invading asia is good something,

it is very dangerous and UN should think about this before admiting japan as a permanet member and gives her veto power

I quite agree. I understand that you Chinese do not tolerate Japan's wartime agressions. Especially when they attempted to make this issue dissolve by many means such as refusing the full acknowledgement of warcrimes done by the Kwuantung Army and various military personel. All of the crimes committed are at the same level as of the Nazis Criminals.

i am in vancouver and i have a german friend here,
he tells me that he and his family ,friends discuss Hitler and his policies many times before, i think they truly admit mistakes.
this is cool

and by the way, when do u think German goona lift the arm sale embargo on china, i think chinese tanks need german engines

Given that Japan needs trade to survive, they would cut themselves off from the world if they revert back to imperialism. No, they're already too closely tied to the west for such things. It would be decades before Japan could become any kind of "threat" to the region.

Now the red asians, that's a totally different story...

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Now the red asians, that's a totally different story...

wut do u mean by that remark...

if their PM go to that temple and worsihp war criminals, i consider that action means something..they are just wounded tigers

My opinion probably would not reflect what the EU final decisions. That decision is made by representatives of the European Union.

However, Germany and China have created a very strong mutual relationship in terms of trade and political cooperation. I know several jet engineers in Germany have gone to Zhuhai China (I believe) for technical assistance and advisement. However I doubt that they are involved with the military since they agreed to policies stating that the Arms Embargo is prioritized and is in effect.

Speaking of logic, a engine is not an weapon....is it? ;)

North Korea is nuts. And China's economy and military are on the boom. Both are extremely nationalistic and have two foes right beside each other... maybe China think, because USA can do preventive war, maybe she can do preventive war on Japan? I mean look at you, you think Japan will be a threat. Looks like the populous is already sold on the idea.

Btw, they're crazy for not admitting their horrible past. But not crazy enough to commit suicide by starting war again, they're already wealthy.

Back