Could Germany have defeated the US? - Page 7

View Poll Results :Could Germany defeat the US?
No, the US Navy would stop any invasion fleet before they arrived. 20 34.48%
Yes, long drawn out battle. 12 20.69%
Yes, short, quick knock out victory. 6 10.34%
No, the US Army would throw any invasion back into the sea. 6 10.34%
No, the US would eventually win a long drawn out victory. 14 24.14%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

--

August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
The V-rockets were not very accurate, and didn't pose a big threat to anyone..
Unless Germany could develop Nuclear warheads of course.
actually the V-rockets did pose a threat because, lets take new-york as an example:
New-York is a very crouded city where lots of people live in one place, so if a V3 lands of new yourk there are going to ba alot of casualties.
since the V-rockets were not very acurate, you could place a guidance divice on a roof top of a skyscraper in new-york (e.g: Empire state building) that will guide the rocket to its target.
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

And for example it didn't have that range! Use Your head for once!
August 19th, 2004  
yurry

Look at this babies

http://www.luft46.com/misc/sanger.html#diagram

http://www.luft46.com/arado/are555s.html

All this could be used when invading mainland US
--
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
The V3 rocket was planned to have that kind of range (to be launched from germany, fly all the way to mainland USA and strike new-york).

so use your head and check your facts.
August 19th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

has anyone seen the History Channel documentry that talks about alot of these "wonder weapons"? I think it might have beeb called "Secret German Aircraft of World War II" or some such.
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurry
Look at this babies

http://www.luft46.com/misc/sanger.html#diagram

http://www.luft46.com/arado/are555s.html

All this could be used when invading mainland US
Great site, great drawings, great pictures and lots of very interesting information and specefications.
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
has anyone seen the History Channel documentry that talks about alot of these "wonder weapons"? I think it might have beeb called "Secret German Aircraft of World War II" or some such.
Yeah, I think that I saw something like that on the history channel, but I don't remember what it was called.
I remember that they said that by striking mainland USA with these weapons, germany hoped that USA would quit the war.
I don't remember anything else, If they will show it again, than I will watch it.
I don't even remember if it was on the history channel or on some other channel, or maybe even I saw it in a computer game movie clip.
(I saw and read alot of information about these secret weapons so thats why I don't remember where i saw it, I DON'T have a memory problem).
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy100
Quote:
The V3 rocket was planned to have that kind of range (to be launched from germany, fly all the way to mainland USA and strike new-york).

It was made purely for reaching London, with speed 1500m/s, again Use your head, turn it on, or maybe you already did, but it's malfunction, better turn it off, it's much more smarter
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was made purely for reaching London, with speed 1500m/s, again Use your head, turn it on, or maybe you already did, but it's malfunction, better turn it off, it's much more smarter
Mr. Sam:
The V2 rocket was build for reaching london,
and the V3 rocket was planed for reaching new-york.
Removed by Admin: Calm down, or find something else to do, This is your final warning!
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Mr. Sam:
The V2 rocket was build for reaching london,
and the V3 rocket was planed for reaching new-york.
).
For once I agree with You, I am Mr. for you.
And another thing about V3, it was made mainly for London, but New York, was it's secondary objective! And not all could reach New York...
One unfortunately did, target was Empire State building.
That was on August the 3rd 1944, hitted the 87th floor!
But it was the only one, they had 8 months after, and didn't do anything.
Why? Germans also did have plenty of time to make more of those rockets, now let's see your brain, why they didn't?