Could Germany have defeated the US?

Could Germany defeat the US?

• Yes, long drawn out battle.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, short, quick knock out victory.

• No, the US would eventually win a long drawn out victory.

• Total voters
Redleg said:
The V-rockets were not very accurate, and didn't pose a big threat to anyone..
Unless Germany could develop Nuclear warheads of course.

actually the V-rockets did pose a threat because, lets take new-york as an example:
New-York is a very crouded city where lots of people live in one place, so if a V3 lands of new yourk there are going to ba alot of casualties.
since the V-rockets were not very acurate, you could place a guidance divice on a roof top of a skyscraper in new-york (e.g: Empire state building) that will guide the rocket to its target.

Uncle_Sam said:
And for example it didn't have that range! Use Your head for once! :D

The V3 rocket was planned to have that kind of range (to be launched from germany, fly all the way to mainland USA and strike new-york).

so use your head and check your facts.

has anyone seen the History Channel documentry that talks about alot of these "wonder weapons"? I think it might have beeb called "Secret German Aircraft of World War II" or some such.

GuyontheRight said:
has anyone seen the History Channel documentry that talks about alot of these "wonder weapons"? I think it might have beeb called "Secret German Aircraft of World War II" or some such.

Yeah, I think that I saw something like that on the history channel, but I don't remember what it was called.
I remember that they said that by striking mainland USA with these weapons, germany hoped that USA would quit the war.
I don't remember anything else, If they will show it again, than I will watch it.
I don't even remember if it was on the history channel or on some other channel, or maybe even I saw it in a computer game movie clip.
(I saw and read alot of information about these secret weapons so thats why I don't remember where i saw it, I DON'T have a memory problem).

Guy100 said:
Uncle_Sam said:

The V3 rocket was planned to have that kind of range (to be launched from germany, fly all the way to mainland USA and strike new-york).

It was made purely for reaching London, with speed 1500m/s, again Use your head, turn it on, or maybe you already did, but it's malfunction, better turn it off, it's much more smarter :D

Uncle_Sam said:
Guy100 said:
Uncle_Sam said:

It was made purely for reaching London, with speed 1500m/s, again Use your head, turn it on, or maybe you already did, but it's malfunction, better turn it off, it's much more smarter :D

Mr. Sam:
The V2 rocket was build for reaching london,
and the V3 rocket was planed for reaching new-york.
Removed by Admin: Calm down, or find something else to do, This is your final warning!

Guy100 said:
Mr. Sam:
The V2 rocket was build for reaching london,
and the V3 rocket was planed for reaching new-york.
).

For once I agree with You, I am Mr. for you.
And another thing about V3, it was made mainly for London, but New York, was it's secondary objective! And not all could reach New York...
One unfortunately did, target was Empire State building.
That was on August the 3rd 1944, hitted the 87th floor!
But it was the only one, they had 8 months after, and didn't do anything.
Why? Germans also did have plenty of time to make more of those rockets, now let's see your brain, why they didn't?

yurry said:
Look at this babies :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

http://www.luft46.com/misc/sanger.html#diagram

http://www.luft46.com/arado/are555s.html

All this could be used when invading mainland US :D :D :D

Well I don't know how much is that :D :D :D

But maybe the last one E555-11 could reach NY

Here's a nice picture of various types of German Rockets
They were really preparing for war!
jha9-2.jpg

jha9-1.jpg

jha4b-1.jpg

Uncle_Sam said:
One unfortunately did, target was Empire State building.
That was on August the 3rd 1944, hitted the 87th floor!

Wow, a whole 4 moths before the gun was completed, amazing that they could do that. It was an American Bomber lost in a could bank, not a shell from a German gun over 3000 miles away.

On the V2 rocket deal, the Germans had everything figured out for firing them from a U-Boat from the surface, it just had to be build into a U-Boat. Prolly wouldn't have taken long. Regardless of that, the US would do exactly what evey other country did under a constant barrage: adapt and move underground and just plain fight on. The real mess comes if Germany ever develops Nukes and loads them onto a V2 on a U-boat, etc. Then the US woulda been screwed - we had no basis for catching up to German rocket technology and ICBM's would DEFINITELY be developed by Germany first, and then we're screwed even more completely.

And yeah, the V3 was a "super cannon" artilery concept.

There was also a bomber at the end of the war wich actualy flew on a mission to New York or at least a few miles from it (without any payload). All I remember is that it was a Focke Wolf.

Anyone has any links on it :?:

Back