police-block-protesters.jpg

1491cd95a25242.jpg

s-IRAN-FEMALE-OFFICERS-large.jpg

attachment.php

tehranpolicefair152246orig5mq.jpg

Military-parade.jpg

610x.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I wonder if they created female police units from considerations of feminism or in order to engage with female criminals?

Yea definitely better than anything I have seen come out of the middle east as far as training and equipment... They look to bar with their western counterparts, and also better than any police I have seen in the states, most of the police I have seen in the states besides the swat only know how to shoot their side arm, use pepper spray, batton or taser, I haven't seen any police in the states besides the swat being trained like these Iranian cops.... plus i definitely take those benz over any of these old crown vics.

Yea definitely better than anything I have seen come out of the middle east as far as training and equipment... They look to bar with their western counterparts, and also better than any police I have seen in the states, most of the police I have seen in the states besides the swat only know how to shoot their side arm, use pepper spray, batton or taser, I haven't seen any police in the states besides the swat being trained like these Iranian cops.... plus i definitely take those benz over any of these old crown vics.
Well, i think those men and women on the pics are nowhere near simple homicide cops. From my point of view they are from some sort of rapid-responce units. Also, my poor knowledge of Persian allows me to read one word on the girls' robes which says 'university'. So, i guess it's some fundamental education.

Anyway, even if to speak about regular cops in Iran they are basically surprisingly delicate and helpful towards people, especially foreigners.

Dude, the Ninja women are THE BOMB.
If I ever become famous, I know who to hire for personal protection.
The shock factor will stop any would be assailant in his tracks... just enough hesitation for one of them to shoot him through the face. If they can actually see and aim through that stuff.

Ah, great. I'm glad to see that you know how to keep your minds open to respect other cultures.

It's their way of life guys, it's weird, but it doesnt mean that it is inferior or something negative like that...

I think that Iran have a huge potential, and I support this people struggle trying to make their lives better.

Ah, great. I'm glad to see that you know how to keep your minds open to respect other cultures.

It's their way of life guys, it's weird, but it doesnt mean that it is inferior or something negative like that...

I think that Iran have a huge potential, and I support this people struggle trying to make their lives better.
Was anyone undeferential towards Iranian culture here? Or you mean that one should stand honourably with an understanding face and declare: Mmm, other culture, respect, goood? I have to tell you that Iranians are not those people whom you have to be pitiful to, and they are not quite the other culture in traditional sence, they hang people and kill homosexuals, but it is still the most cosmopolitan islamic nation i've seen so far.

Just poking a little fun. No-one has said anything particularly hateful.
And when there is hate being expressed... it will probably be more colorfully apparent. ;)

I make fun of my own culture sometimes.
Not to take for granted the history of my people -- but to submit to the cynical nature embedded in me as a human being.

In these years, I saw a lot of Iranian/Arab/Muslim bashing...

And I dont like it much...

When it comes to human culture, or rather human civilizations you have to see the path they chose, but you have to see also how far they are on that path.

Every civilization on earth evolve with time. Some evolve faster than others. The Western model of civilization has evolved very fast because of economic reasons.

And some of us tend to say that we are superior because we are more advanced. And let's not forget that we used this power we had to attack and destroy parts of other cultures. In the colonial era, the European empires were involved in the evolution of other people/countries/religions/civilizations... We twisted by contact many of their social models.

Well, to put things short. In ethnological terms. Our western military/economic/cultural domination injected by force some of our concepts in the other civilizations.

So if you think that a police woman in Iran is ridiculous. You are laughing somehow at our conception of society. Because it's because we have police that they have police. It's because we have police women that they hire police women.

If they kept their cultural/religious models. They would have women in the military, because muslim believe that god gave the men the duty to risk their lives to protect the law. The women dont have the duty to sacrifice anything to protect the law.

What we see here is a mix of our two cultures.

In these years, I saw a lot of Iranian/Arab/Muslim bashing...

And I dont like it much...

When it comes to human culture, or rather human civilizations you have to see the path they chose, but you have to see also how far they are on that path.

Every civilization on earth evolve with time. Some evolve faster than others. The Western model of civilization has evolved very fast because of economic reasons.

And some of us tend to say that we are superior because we are more advanced. And let's not forget that we used this power we had to attack and destroy parts of other cultures. In the colonial era, the European empires were involved in the evolution of other people/countries/religions/civilizations... We twisted by contact many of their social models.

Well, to put things short. In ethnological terms. Our western military/economic/cultural domination injected by force some of our concepts in the other civilizations.

So if you think that a police woman in Iran is ridiculous. You are laughing somehow at our conception of society. Because it's because we have police that they have police. It's because we have police women that they hire police women.

If they kept their cultural/religious models. They would have women in the military, because muslim believe that god gave the men the duty to risk their lives to protect the law. The women dont have the duty to sacrifice anything to protect the law.

What we see here is a mix of our two cultures.
Let me express honestly, all satire aside, that I found the Iranian policewomen to be quite fascinating; even impressive. I can appreciate their cultural influences. I have muslim relatives.
This fact, however, did not happen to dissuade me from exploiting their unique appearance for the sake of fun. Cynicism is part of human nature. It is represented by a sense of humor... and it would be impossible to convince me that Iranians don't also have a sense of humor. In this regard, I'm sure even some of our most romantic customs are the punchlines for a number of their jokes. And that's fine.

Openmindedness, in my opinion, can also be demonstrated in the value of appreciating light humor.

Back