Cool Car

Spartacus

I am looking to buy an older car that requires some work. I dont want something that is impossible to fix, but one that requires work in order to get to the way I want. I had looked at an '88 Corvette and an '88 Firebird Formula but both got sold from under me. I want an old school muscle car to rebuild as I see fit. Any suggestions as to what car to get or where to look? TY!

I would definitely check your local craigslist...you can find almost anything there....ive even seen a volkswagon sirraco....:shock:

hint for buying old school muscle- go for something from 1972 and before...after that regulations got strict on the cars and the detroit cars basically became crap...

heres a site with a few hints on buying a muscle car...
choose it
price it
find it
buying tips

also, make sure you check for any major rust spots, because you dont want to have to cut away a panel and pay money to replace it....

look around on that website, theres lots of good hints

well an individual panel wouldnt be bad...just the solid body designs could be a problem. I know the '88 FB series had a lot of problems with the transmission and paint, but i wanted to retrofit it to a manual and repaint it anyway. When I say custom, I mean CUSTOM lol

i seriously recomend going for an older vehicle, 72, and earlier
those cars will give you the least amount of trouble after its all finished

Back