Considering Joining the National Guard...

After my 2 month absence, I was catching up on the threads I'm subscribed. I thought I'd do a quick update on what I was offered when I went to MEPS...

The main changes are that I got the INARNG kicker, which pays for more schooling, and added an additional $200 per month to go to school!

I did get the $20,000 sign on bonus, as I went for the 92A MOS.

I am currently trying to find out the specifications for OCS. I will have turned 40 before I get out of AIT, but I have heard rumor (and we all know how rumors are) that they are upping the age for OCS. Does anyone know anything about this?

After my 2 month absence, I was catching up on the threads I'm subscribed. I thought I'd do a quick update on what I was offered when I went to MEPS...

The main changes are that I got the INARNG kicker, which pays for more schooling, and added an additional $200 per month to go to school!

I did get the $20,000 sign on bonus, as I went for the 92A MOS.

I am currently trying to find out the specifications for OCS. I will have turned 40 before I get out of AIT, but I have heard rumor (and we all know how rumors are) that they are upping the age for OCS. Does anyone know anything about this?

Congrats on your decision.

As far as OCS I dont know anything about that, but you do have a chance to get some enlisted time under your belt before trying to go to OCS. Im pretty certain you will have to anyway, but IMO it would be better to learn things from the enlisted side before going OCS.

Back