Congrats Marsh

Houston Astros fan here but I'm rooting for New York Yankees.

Congratulations, Mmarsh!

Ball Game Over, World Series OVER, The Yankees Win.. Thu, uh, uh, uh, uh YANKEES WIN!!!!

yankees_2.jpg

Thanks USMC03 -Just woke up to the Good News.

GODZILLA really had an amazing game! 3 Home Runs, 8 RBI's.

DAMN!!! I think someone earned their WS bonus this year.

What a game for Matsui and congrats to the Yankees. There's some sort of poetic justice here when they've won the WS in the new stadium.
Poor Pedro :-D

God I wish I was in NY right now...There's going to be one hell of a party.

DTOP

I agree about Matsui, however this is his last year of his contract. Think the yanks will resign him? There is talk about him going back to Japan.

God I wish I was in NY right now...There's going to be one hell of a party.

DTOP

I agree about Matsui, however this is his last year of his contract. Think the yanks will resign him? There is talk about him going back to Japan.

There has been talk bout the Yankees wanting to give Posada more DH opportunities and then there's Damon.
Bringing back Damon would be no big surprise. It always looked like the Yankees would try to bring him back to play LF and DH a bit. If you can have Damon at $6 to $8 million, I wonder how much it will take to bring Matsui back? Sure, his knees are terrible but if he’s willing to accept a similar deal for say $6 million, as well, then wouldn’t you think the Yankees would resign the guy?

I personally don't understand why they would re-sign Damon. He's got a so-so bat and no arm.

See thats my feeling too. Between Matsui and Damon, I'd pick Matsui. He's been more consistent at bat.

Of course, there is also Japan. No idea what the salaries are in Japan but this guy is like the David Beckham over there. He could be under alot of pressure to go back home for a bigger paycheck, or some other MLB club. (Although I think he has stated he would only play for the Bombers in the US).

If he goes back to Japan, he'll be missed says this Yank Fan.

The paycheque in Japan is also very good. It's also one of the most expensive countries you can live in. When I visited Japan, all I could afford were the 7/11 spaghettis.

Back