confused about Naval academy and MOS's... please help

TacticalEdge

i want to join the naval academy. ihave the grades the spirit and the drive but i was wondering when i ask one of my current teachers for a reccemendation do i wait till i am applying ( i am too young right now) or do i ask this year..... i was hoping a peson who went either to colledge or even better the academy could help me out

and on a different note i was wondering where i might be able to find out about the MOs's on the web or in a book.... dont want to talk to a recruiter... they tend to disregard me due to my age.

me to

I wanna go to. I think i have the grades. First u need to ask for it as a junior. U go to check out that summer. If u like u definately apply and if accepted u go. Also need from high rank. Such as senator

and on a different note i was wondering where i might be able to find out about the MOs's on the web or in a book.... dont want to talk to a recruiter... they tend to disregard me due to my age.

You've asked a question similar to this before .. again, try www.google.com .. type "Marine Corps Officer Job Descriptions" in the search field. That's more help than you need to find what you need.

you need a recommendation from your senator. I got in to USNA, but turned it down because I want to go Army.

actually each senator and house of representative member can nominate 2 of their constituants to each of the academys. So if you have 2 senators and five representatives...14 canidates for each academy. you still have to have the physical fitness and academic scores...but getting them started in your junior year is very sage advice.

There is a provision for medal of honor winners children or nominated next of kin to apply too. In addition, there are approximately 100 spots for airmen to compete for an academy education in the Air Force: Im not sure about the other services.

What often gets lost in the shuffle is that there is a Merchant Marine Academy, for young officers of ships, that is competitive to get into as well.

There are lots of educational chances in the US Military system: glad you are going for one of them. :D

I talked with a USNA graduate and they rather see you take hard classes and get a B in them, than take easy classes and get an A. :biggun:

Back