Compulsory Military Service?

Yes, military training is basically a part of a guy's education career and he is expected to continue to serve his country through the reserves.

And yes you do have a point about the "one million volunteers" in Korea but with so many people, I hardly think a draft would be neccessary. With that many, SURELY there should be enough volunteers.

hmmmmmmmmm

Greece still does national service.

UK was thinking about bringing back as the lack on enrolling recently.

Alot of countries still do it

EuroSpike said:
"national service is practically part of the culture now. It'd be strange not to go."

Just like here. Military training is a natural part of education and man without military training is not man. Civil service hippies are weird faggots and communists whose only right purpose is to be used as mine ploughts.

A problem in Finland is that nowadays it's so damn easy to take civil service, for instance if you go by the book you should have ethical or religous reasons to choose civilservice. In the old days it was much harder choosing civilservice.

A officer once told us in the military about one guy who told him that the wanted to take civil service. So the officer made all the papers ready for him and when he came to the place where he'd make a cross for ethical or religous reasons he asked the officer "what does ethical mean?" , the officer asked him "do you have religous reaons to take civil service?" he answered "no" then he laughed and told him then you have ethical reasons.

Nobody takes civil service for ethical reasons they choose civilservice because they don't have the strenght to do military service...

"A problem in Finland is that nowadays it's so damn easy to take civil service",

No, that is not problem at all. Army doesn't want or need all wuzzies to join and mess around. That is good decision for all to boot all shit off the carts.

What would you do with a soldier who wants to resist enemy only by throwing flowers and starts to cry when temperature decreases under 20C? All people just don't fit military.

EuroSpike said:
"A problem in Finland is that nowadays it's so damn easy to take civil service",

No, that is not problem at all. Army doesn't want or need all wuzzies to join and mess around. That is good decision for all to boot all shit off the carts.

What would you do with a soldier who wants to resist enemy only by throwing flowers and starts to cry when temperature decreases under 20C? All people just don't fit military.

That's true, but many people that take civilservice would manage fine in the military if they just gave it a little more effort and not take the easy way out.

But you've got a good point there also...

"That's true, but many people that take civilservice would manage fine in the military if they just gave it a little more effort and not take the easy way out.

But you've got a good point there also..."

Doesn't matter. That kind of people should stay very far away from any military or weapon and they got their right to disagree.

If someone can't go army for some reason of his own, its ok and he will not go. If someone wants to quit, its ok too. And well, the result is all shit has been booted off the carts. As i said, all weak pussies have better to stay at home.

maybe?

I say put young offenders into a "National Service" kind of thing. Least its making use of the idiots and not filling up needed jail sapce. Might even kick their behinds into gear, show them REAL life!

Do you really want that sort of grabage in your armed forces?
Well I guess it can't get worse than the paras. :lol: j/k

ha ha ha ha

Have you seen half the planks in the UK forces??

Damn can't get any worse, just stick them in infantry, you need no brain power for that!

ha ha ha ha

And they say Navy are stupid, least we have a great big metal ship protecting us!! Well unless we get hit and sunk. O and the bonus of free holidays abroad!

This is the generally accepted intelligence level of enlistedmen by Branch in South Korea:
1) Air Force
2) Navy
3) Army
4) Marines

:lol:

have to say

It goes:

*navy
*RAF
*Army

Here, thats the rank of them too. Navy is the senior force.

I know navy has an 85% pass rate on their trade course and army has something like a 40% or 50%

Thats got to tell you something huh

ha ha ha ha

army's entry test is on computer, multiple choice with picturees and takes max. of 15 mins.

Navy and RAF are written tests. about hr and a half. maths/english/eng/general knowledge on things.

Now I have done all 3. Did the army 1 when mate went to enroll and damn its like

"if harry ran 100 mtrs in 13 seconds & sally ran it in 12 seconds yet was 3 seconds slower than rob. Who was the fastest?"

the_13th_redneck said:
Reserved for special missions such as Operation Human Shield :lol:

That mission is reserved for civil service hippies.

"if harry ran 100 mtrs in 13 seconds & sally ran it in 12 seconds yet was 3 seconds slower than rob. Who was the fastest?"

We got basic test 1, 2 and 3. 1 is multiple choise intelligence test, basic test 2 is mentally test with few hundreds weird sentences and questions like "i like flowers", "i like boys", "someone has tried to poison me", "my soul has taken off from my body", "i feel someone follows me", "i'm sure people has something against me" etc. Answer choises are agree/disagree. Basic test 3 is similar to 2.

Like they say, if all else fails, there's the Army
]

I've noticed that a lot of unemployed people in Local Neighborhoods in Frankfurt are being recruited into the military. But what if the Military Career fails as well?

Back