Compulsory Female Haircuts

dombarber

Do females still have compulsory haircuts...../styles.....
I was told the USA abolished it 1990......

In the ADF, the style the girls are allowed depends on which Service they are in, and whether they are in barracks or in the field.

In the CF, there are multiple styles that are allowed, although I've seen quite a few individuals who seem to make up their own.

In the CF, there are multiple styles that are allowed, although I've seen quite a few individuals who seem to make up their own.

Most interesting..

And do you come into contact with them.......

Just curious because l would love to see some photos if possible ?

In the Danish armed forces are no rules about hair length. This applies to both men and women. You may be told to use hairnets for safety reasons.

In the Danish armed forces are no rules about hair length. This applies to both men and women. You may be told to use hairnets for safety reasons.

I find that astonishing that men are allowed to grow their hair. Although the RAF were more relaxed then the British Army, we still had to have a hair cut at least once every two weeks. We were told, “What's hidden under your beret belongs to you, what shows belongs to us.” During inspections if a man had longer hair then allowed the usual comment was "CAN YOU FEEL ANYTHING? BECAUSE I'M STANDING ON YOUR HAIR, GET IT CUT!"

What annoyed me, we had to pay for haircuts out of our own pockets. Even while serving in the part time Territorial Army we had to have short hair.

We were told short hair was demanded because of hygiene reasons.

Last edited:
Back