Comparison of Chinese and American Aerial Assets - Page 2

--

July 6th, 2005  
Boobies

Quote:
jai yo jai yo jai yo
?

You mean Jia Yo, right?

Seriously, bulldog, have you seen the "Chinese mistreatments" on new generation military equipments? I seriously doubt that with heavy investment in learning management techniques and philosophies from Japanese and Americans.

There are some equipments are just plain garbages that Chinese government does not want to pay the heavy maintainance fees.

C'mon, are you willing to spend $3000 to fix your rusted and run-down 1970 car (no sentimental value) or use it to buy a new car?
July 6th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Well, if your new car is nothing more than a rust box with a new clour layer and a loud horn...
July 7th, 2005  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
Quote:
jai yo jai yo jai yo
?

You mean Jia Yo, right?

Seriously, bulldog, have you seen the "Chinese mistreatments" on new generation military equipments? I seriously doubt that with heavy investment in learning management techniques and philosophies from Japanese and Americans.

There are some equipments are just plain garbages that Chinese government does not want to pay the heavy maintainance fees.

C'mon, are you willing to spend $3000 to fix your rusted and run-down 1970 car (no sentimental value) or use it to buy a new car?
No, its "jai yo" means "come on". Checked with my chinese teacher, the pinyin is j-a-i.
And if that 1970's rusted run-down car happens to have a FORD on the front hood and a MUSTANG 5.0 LT on the side I will most definitely drop the 3K for a little TLC. 8)
--
July 7th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Well, by the time the Raptors get their numbers up the air superiority question becomes mute.

Does China have anything even remotely capable of fighting an F-22?
July 7th, 2005  
bulldogg

Never underestimate the human factor. On paper from what the intelligence community has gathered and feels fit to disseminate it would appear that no one has anything to compare with the F-22. But bear in mind that many an "obsolete" aircraft has shot down her foe in combat. P-51 Mustangs, a prop plane with limited electronics, shot down at least one MIG fighter jet. To paraphrase Sun Tzu, everyone and everything has a weakness, the smart enemy will exploit it.
July 7th, 2005  
Starker

it doesn't matter how many planes you have, what matters is the experience of the pilot and how many good ones you have
July 8th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Well, surely you understand that mass is a principle of warfare.

America's fighting doctorine stresses the best technology backed by the best training to make the highest quality fighting unit. But let us not also forget that quantity has a quality all its own.
July 8th, 2005  
Rabs

Also bulldog, the people that fly the F-22s are going to be the BEST the USA has to offer. These pilots are going to do three things sleep,eat,train. So highly trained pilots + state of the art fighters = air superiority.
July 8th, 2005  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Well, surely you understand that mass is a principle of warfare.

America's fighting doctorine stresses the best technology backed by the best training to make the highest quality fighting unit. But let us not also forget that quantity has a quality all its own.
Ah yes, the tactics of that greath military thinker and tee-totaller Ullyses S. Grant. Chinese used it too in Korea and fought the US to a stalemate but then there are beaucoup incidences of a small group of highly motivated soldiers outfighting a numerically superior and better equipped enemy. Only a fool puts his faith in numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Also bulldog, the people that fly the F-22s are going to be the BEST the USA has to offer. These pilots are going to do three things sleep,eat,train. So highly trained pilots + state of the art fighters = air superiority.
Wow, really, I thought they would only use the mediocre pilots the US has to offer. C'mon mate the world over puts their best people into the best equipment they have, is this supposed to be some sort of American monopoly on fighting logic? I know lets have a simulated combat session and then we can all sleep better tonight knowing we have solved this scenario anticipating every possible human and mechanical frailty.
July 9th, 2005  
WARmachine88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
Quote:
jai yo jai yo jai yo
?

You mean Jia Yo, right?

No, its "jai yo" means "come on". Checked with my chinese teacher, the pinyin is j-a-i.
And if that 1970's rusted run-down car happens to have a FORD on the front hood and a MUSTANG 5.0 LT on the side I will most definitely drop the 3K for a little TLC. 8)
it is Jia You, bulldog
just check this forum, where they talk about cheering a game something

http://www.hotspots.com/cgi/board/thread.cgi?id=63872