Company of Heroes

mmarsh

Is anybody playing Company of Heroes? For a military forum I would have though everybody would have tried it. Its just such a gas. I recent finished the first hame and am now playing COH: Opposing Forces.

Unlike other RTS the purpose is to capture and hold territory. There is no resource gathering (resources are gathered by securing objectives) and base building is very limited. So the focus is on combat. There are 4 sides if you have both games. Each side is very different. The Wahrmecht focus is powerful tanks, the Panzer Elite is fast moving Mechanized infantry and Self propelled AT such as the Jadspanther , the British 2nd Army specializes in Artillery Barrages and Defensive Tactics, and the Americans is primary infantry based.

The original game should set you back an Andrew Jackson so it really is a good deal.

I have it but I haven't played it too much. It's a bit too hectic for me, considering how much more each unit can do compared to those in other games.

I prefer WH40K: Dawn of War, the predecessor of Company of Heroes made by the same developer, Relic.

One of my favorites.

I haven't done much of the campaign.
Usually a 4vs4 skirmish would have me in my seat for a few hours.

I'd really like to see them make a version implementing our more modern-day military.
That sounds a bit morbid, I know.

Back