Communist Propaganda

benaakatz

How different is the propaganda in China than N. Korea? Is it much more intense in NK than China? Do you think many people are brainwashed in these countries? Lastly, what does the propaganda in these 2 countries talk about? Is the content similar?

You probably are not aware of the complexity of these issues.
The very fact that you are asking whether it is worse in China than in North Korea shows that you should really do some reading up first.
But you do not have to look overseas to see examples of propaganda. It is everywhere to varying degrees.
Just because you do not agree with it does not mean it is propaganda.
Just because you agree with it does not mean it is not propaganda.

I do not REALLY know about this to be honest, but I'd guess there has to be quite a difference if you consider the fact that China isn't a communist country. China went straight from communism to ultra-capitalism in the past decades. It remains a dictatorship, but not a communist one anymore...

I do not REALLY know about this to be honest, but I'd guess there has to be quite a difference if you consider the fact that China isn't a communist country. China went straight from communism to ultra-capitalism in the past decades. It remains a dictatorship, but not a communist one anymore...
Agree, they are Communist only on the paper. So, in terms of Communistic Propaganda North Korea definitely should be top1.

Chinese Communist propaganda was obviously very prevalent in the past.
Right now although the Chinese are heavily involved in information control, as for overt spread of propaganda, I do not think they are working heavily in that field. As for many of the things that the Chinese populace believe that the rest of us find questionable, most of it seems to be things that were spread by individuals and groups not endorsed by the government.
At least that has been my impression.

Well said Fuser. Hehe.

But if I had to give you an honest answer. China and North Korea are very different countries.
They share only the adjective of "communist". And it's only a word in this context.

NK is far far far from the communist ideal. It's a huge dictatorship, nothing is ideal there.
And China is far too from this naming aswell. But in another direction.

The only thing they share is their status of "corrupt communist country". One is corrupt because of a dictator and the other is corrupt because of a power/business dictatorship.

Both are awful countries we should fix someday.

China is somehow an open country. So there is hope... The people might gain some freedom with time.
While NK is a closed country... So if the propaganda in China is "obvious". In NK it's not that obvious. A lot of people believe the propaganda, because no other version is available.

If China's propaganda twists reality a little bit. NK's propaganda is like a new reality. A completely different way to see the world.

The US troops are displayed as monsters in NK. You can see drawings in the streets where you see US soldiers torturing children etc etc... It's the way the government tries to show everything foreign as evil.

We can agree that the Americans arent angels. But this statement isnt obvious for everybody in North Korea. Because since kindergarten they are taught that capitalists are evil.

And the North Korean culture is favorable to this kind of propaganda. They are used to follow a leader without questioning him. And the little brat controlling the country is abusing this situation to live like a god and pull the whole population in his delirium.

The American should be in North Korea rather than Irak or Afghanistan... The real bad guys are over there.

Back