Communism.

--
Boots

March 24th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Topic: Communism.

I just got done with a book called "Democracy versus Communism" and all I have to say is "Damn commies." Whats you take on communism?
March 24th, 2005  
Italian Guy

When I was a little kid, my mother would say that in the Communist countries (which weren't far from us) people could not trust their own families and friends, because there could be spies everywhere. she said that nothing could be yours, and police could take your belongings with no reason.
People overthere could not travel the country or abroad. It was like being held prisoners. You could not fly out of your country, you could not watch a free tv show.

As a kid, I grew up with a very clear idea of what communism was. At the time, my mother's family was still sympathetic to fascism, even if now those feeling are completely gone.

At University I have met many guys and girls from Hungary, Ukraine, Czech Rep, slovakia, Poland, Albania, Russia, Serbia, Croatia. They all confirmed what mom would tell me. It was all true. She had invented nothing.
March 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Well I think that's the totalitarian aspect of Communism, which contrary to what the fans say, is inevitable because Communism requires the government (the party) to first take everything from the public before sorting out how to distribute it. What happens when the government owns everything and the people nothing? Exactly.

Also I'd like to point out that Capitalism was never really invented. Basically the first time someone exchanged something he/she built or grew for some other commodity that someone else made or grew, capitalism was born. Capitalism even mimicks the laws of nature by working in cycles. Like what happens to a stock? It rises, then falls, then rises, then falls. It interacts with human demand, production etc.
Communism doesn't seem to do this. Often it starts pretty brightly, then it starts to go into an irreversable descent before the ultimate nose dive.

Democracy and Communism aren't *really* the polar opposites. Capitalism and Communism are.
You could technically have a democratic communist system, though after someone's got all the guns, all the grain and land, I haven't got a clue how anyone else could challenge that person in any sort of way!

I think what you were trying to discuss was more like Totalitarianism versus Democracy.
--
Boots
March 24th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: yea...

13th, pretty good explaination.

Communism starts good because it offers equality to people under stress. Communism thrives, because existing government and policies do/did not represent interests of people (KMT, Czar period of Russia). Communism does ignore the human nature of self-interest of individual. To combat self-interest arise overtime, Communism becomes fanatic to control these nature. And, of course, it comes out all wrong in the end.
March 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Yeah but the key is that because Communism gives ALL the toys to the state, it just becomes, by nature, too vulnerable to a quick change over to totalitarianism. REMOVED
Okay if I've used too many analogies for a lifetime, let me know

Mod edit: No.
March 24th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: hahahha...

13th, I love your avatar. The example is abit distracting from the topic but I liked it
March 24th, 2005  
Red_Army

Those "Red Bastards." No just kidding, communism is cool as long as people don't go hungry or poor.
March 24th, 2005  
Charge 7

"Communism has nothing to do with love. Communism is an excellent hammer which we use to destroy our enemy."

- Mao Tse-tung

"A communist is like a crocodile: when it opens its mouth you cannot tell whether it is trying to smile or preparing to eat you up."

- Winston Churchill

"The theory of Communism may be summed up in one sentence: Abolish all private property."

- Karl Marx
March 24th, 2005  
MadeInChina

lol, communism depends on the political graph

left-right as the x axis, rule by people - totalarism on the y axis

this graph will basically tell you waht the political system of a country or an idieology is

communism belongs to defnetly left, yet it could also be dictatorship of rule by people

people have a bad name for commuism namely because most of it was under dictatorship
March 24th, 2005  
Marksman

Communisam is something above human power can do,when someone mentions comunisam,u guys remember Stalin and some other creazy dictator,but u should think better,comunisam in its basic form is an utophia, the moto "take only how much u need,and give how much u can" is something that cant be achived only cuz human minds are too corrupted,needless to say that theory of comunisam was miss treated by many ppl and thats how we managed to get to hate it.Comuniasm is more than Stalin gentlemen.

Dusan