Communism.

People in communist countries used to "steal" things from their work place all the time to take and use at home, like hammers, wrenches, ect. Their excuse was thats since in a communist society the people owned everything, therefore if they took something home it wouldn't be stealing since they owned it too. Lol, that cracks me up :lol:

They would also only work to meet their quota, no more, because if they exceeded it their only reward was more work! If a new guy was all gung-ho to serve the state by producing more, the other workers would make sure he got into somekind of crippling accident. Ain't that the anti-movitor.

I really prefer capitalism, without it we wouldn't have alot of the high tech gadgets we have now like these computers to chat with each other. If we had lived in a completely communist society then there would be little motivation to produce such luxuriuos gadgets since those producing them would get little or no reward. Our technology would still be 1950's technology.

Seriously, would most people try and strive to go out of their way to produce or invent or invest in something when the rewards to themselve are minimal or maybe next to nothing?

Some ideas are good only in a vacuum, when you throw in human nature into it, then it all goes to the dogs, thats why I don't think communism will ever work.

This is true Gladius.
A lot of modern day communists don't realize that they are living off the fruits of Capitalism.

Coming from Finland I think I know pretty much about communism, this country grew up in the shadows of Moscow after ww2 and by studying Finnish history you can tell it's a pretty damn crappy system.

Communism would perhaps be allright if it worked but it won't work because of the nature of man, for example how many times have you seen somebody wash a rented car? ;)

Have to tell a funny bootcamp story, We were having interviews with out lieutenant about how long we were planning to stay in the Marines and this guy who was a semi-communist and was only planning to stay in the Marines as short time as possible wen't in there and the lieutenant asked him who he was to vote for if it were election time, so he said either the Green Party or the Left, and the Lieutenant got pissed and shouted get the **** out of here! needless to say he didn't have to stay longer than the minimum service time :D

gladius said:
. If we had lived in a completely communist society then there would be little motivation to produce such luxuriuos gadgets since those producing them would get little or no reward.

and there we have it, why communism doesn't work for a countries economy

Jaeger, why would a communist even bother signing up for the Marines? To help him pick up chicks? lol But his chicks would prefer those who found a way to heroicly dodge the draft right? :lol:

The comunism is a disaster in the economic sense, but we are forgetting the millions of people that died in their own countries, not for being anti-comunist but for being suspects of being anticomunist. In the USSR everybody was a suspect. The NKVD was everywhere...There were tons of false denuncies just to solve privete problems....Everybody that had a shop before the revolution was sended to these camps for being suspect of hiding gold, you will easily expend there 10 years. In the Gulag concentration camps millions of russian citizens died of diseases....Comunism is the worst political sistem, just Stalin killed over 40 million russians. Pol Pot in Cambodia also killed millions.....

the_13th_redneck said:
Jaeger, why would a communist even bother signing up for the Marines? To help him pick up chicks? lol But his chicks would prefer those who found a way to heroicly dodge the draft right? :lol:

Military service in Finland is compulsery.

Well it's not always easy.
For one, you are not allowed to be a Communist in South Korea, though it's overlooked like crazy and it's tolerated more and more as the days go by.

Italian Guy said:
We should open up a new thread on how easy it is to be a communist in a capitalist democracy.

I imagine thats real easy to do, as oppose to being a communist in a real communist country like say Cuba, or North Korea.

At least in a capitalist democracy you can have your cell phones, laptops, and computers (made by large imperialist capitalist companies which strangle the workers paradise with all those choices) to communicate "revolution of the people" with all your communist freinds. You can also drive around in vehicles with actual CD players and airconditons in them (manifactured by humongous decadent corporations which fuel the oppression to a perfect society) so you can visit and go to rallies with your communist comrades.

gladius said:
Italian Guy said:
We should open up a new thread on how easy it is to be a communist in a capitalist democracy.

I imagine thats real easy to do, as oppose to being a communist in a real communist country like say Cuba, or North Korea.

At least in a capitalist democracy you can have your cell phones, laptops, and computers (made by large imperialist capitalist companies which strangle the workers paradise with all those choices) to communicate "revolution of the people" with all your communist freinds. You can also drive around in vehicles with actual CD players and airconditons in them (manifactured by humongous decadent corporations which fuel the oppression to a perfect society) so you can visit and go to rallies with your communist comrades.

Ah! ah! that's right.

13th RN, is it really outlaw to be a communist in SK? I thought it changed, I mean ain't it true democracy yet?

I mean I know a country can be fully democratic and still ban the Commies, but you got my point.

The only reason why Communism is banned is because the enemy is communist. To have a communism legal here is to legalize enemy espionage operations and practically raising guerilla forces in the South.
It is banned because it poses a clear and present danger to national security.
However, this ban, the younger generation are trying to get it removed. The conservatives and the older generation are of course in disbelief at the stupidity of these apparently more educated ones.

Just a question...

I am not being offensive at this moment. SK is a democratic country. A democratic country allows multi-political parties coexist or prascticed with the more influenced one, just like the US. Although hated, Communism is allowed to exist with a tight leash if not controlled, correct me if I am wrong.

Isn't a democratic move to allow Communism practiced in SK? Isn't that democratic spirit we all preach about? Of course, I will aggree of banning Communism if it is trying to muster military and political movements to overthrow the current democratic system.

So...

NAZI started WWII while Communism often hated, but didn't start that. Just curious about SK situation.

PS No need to drag out Human-Rights problems, plenty of that on other side of fence.

Communism is banned because communist groups will inherantly pose a clear and present danger to the national security of South Korea. How hard is that to understand?
We already have issues of having enemy spies and "recruiting centers" in universities which shield them under the idea of "freedom of thought," so if we bloody legalized everything, we can't even jail the ones we end up catching.
However, seeing the amount of Che Guevara books around, you know that this is a law that's on a very very loose leash. They probably have copies of "The Communist Manifesto" here for academic purposes though I'm not sure because I haven't gone out of the way to actually look for it.
Also if we had a Communist party run, and the idiots voted them into power, we lose the country overnight without a shot being fired. And as you know, in reaction to certain high-shock incidents, people can make some bizzaire choices for president. And in this age of Anti-Americanism and a practically religous fanaticism towards unification, you know what kind of disaster a Communist party could bring.
Basically if you're smart, you'll get rid of the "Shoot yourself" button and that's what this anti-Communism law does.

Re: So...

Boobies said:
NAZI started WWII while Communism often hated, but didn't start that. Just curious about SK situation.

The Communist did start a war in Korea. I don't think they are hated for no reason at all.

Germany's banning of Nazism is basicly the equivalent of what SK is doing from the Korean point of view, not to mention the present threat which does not exist with Nazism.
So Democracy can still work with a ban a particular sore point from recent histroy.

It's like a democracy that has a gun ban. They ban it because it can become a security and saftey problem. Whether or not you agree with this is besides the point. Basically saying, a democracy almost always bans a few things that another person would see as a "right." etc.

Back