Appropriate or not?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
So I seem to be a fairly beloved person here at my hospital, and they're going to hold a going-away party for me on my last day (at the end of September). Do you think it would be appropriate for me to have a commissioning ceremony during that party? (We have a family friend who's an O-6 who would be able to stop by and do the swearing-in for me.)

I don't know who's voting no, but I'll say this; given the circumstances you're in and the job you are in and leaving for I think it's just fine to have the ceremony at your party. If an 0-6 says it's fine, who's going to argue with him anyway? ;)

i dont know any of the military protocol, or rules and regulations, but i think it would be pretty cool to have your commisioning ceremony at your going away party. it would give your colleagues a rare treat that most civilians dont often get to witness. :twisted:

As I understand it from your profile you are already a comissioned officer, so what is this commissioning ceremony for?

tomtom22 said:
As I understand it from your profile you are already a comissioned officer, so what is this commissioning ceremony for?
My current commission is a state (not a federal) commission, sir. I am resigning that commission, and then accepting a federal commission into the US Public Health Service.

Back