Commandos Inside Iran

so its just a "hoax"?? i was hoping that we werent going to start another conflict with another country..... phew' a weight off my chest, concitering im going infantry and leaving for boot camp 8months

US Commandos? I believe that the US doesn't have any group titled "commandos" as in the 4th Royal Australian Regiment Commandos.... maybe US Navy Seals perhaps.

AussieNick said:
US Commandos? I believe that the US doesn't have any group titled "commandos" as in the 4th Royal Australian Regiment Commandos.... maybe US Navy Seals perhaps.

No there are no US Units designated Commandos. But the press here tends to dubb all SpecOp's Operators Commando. '"Navy SEAL Commandos, Marine Commandos, Army Ranger Commandos, Special Forces Commandos, Air Force Commandos."

Probably because it has a nice ring, whether it is true or not.

note sarcasm ppl

not to mention the US Commandos don't go into anybody else's territory/region/country without permission. and the US doesn't use sattelites to spy on other territories/regions/countries either!

implicature said:
not to mention the US Commandos don't go into anybody else's territory/region/country without permission. and the US doesn't use sattelites to spy on other territories/regions/countries either!

Yeah... they usually ask them nicely first.

When I think of Commando I think of it as a British word. Americans prefer the term "Special Forces" or "operator" instead. I don't think I have ever heard an American soldier say the word commando and i've been hanging around with them for over 20 years.

I know of it least 2 types of Commandos that I ran into in the Corps.

1. Sick Bay Commandos

2. 3 beer Commandos.

Do they Count? :lol:

lol...i am sure ur types of commandos won't be in iran..

it is possible for U.S to have some commandos in Iran..to get some information of important military sites stuff....(somethiing u cann't see from satellite)

but i am sure they won;t let u picture them

Its really not something America has never done before. We do a lot of reconnisance in many countries, and sometimes we have been caught. Remember the American Spy plane that China got a hold of, and eventually took it apart and gave it back to us. And Francis Gary Powers being shot down over Russia.

Yeah, im just trying to say that every country spies on one another. Wheher its special operations, satellites, or espionage. :idea:

Look up SOG in Vietnam. The "operators" wore no insignia and fought the NVA + VC in Cambodia and Laos which were no-go areas for US troops.

Back