Commandos Inside Iran - Page 2

--

January 18th, 2005  
Big_Z

When I think of Commando I think of it as a British word. Americans prefer the term "Special Forces" or "operator" instead. I don't think I have ever heard an American soldier say the word commando and i've been hanging around with them for over 20 years.
January 18th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Never heard of US commandos .. must be some super sneaky secret elite group of space shuttle warriors.
Beam us up Scottie, these guys are on to us.
January 18th, 2005  
03USMC

I know of it least 2 types of Commandos that I ran into in the Corps.

1. Sick Bay Commandos

2. 3 beer Commandos.

Do they Count?
--
January 18th, 2005  
Sexybeast

lol...i am sure ur types of commandos won't be in iran..

it is possible for U.S to have some commandos in Iran..to get some information of important military sites stuff....(somethiing u cann't see from satellite)

but i am sure they won;t let u picture them
January 19th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

Its really not something America has never done before. We do a lot of reconnisance in many countries, and sometimes we have been caught. Remember the American Spy plane that China got a hold of, and eventually took it apart and gave it back to us. And Francis Gary Powers being shot down over Russia.
January 19th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Yeah but that wasn't special operations.
Electronic espionage from aircraft is pretty much expected.
January 19th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

Yeah, im just trying to say that every country spies on one another. Wheher its special operations, satellites, or espionage.
January 19th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Difference comes in styles.
Even with spying each side has their own way of doing things.
January 19th, 2005  
Vitaly

Look up SOG in Vietnam. The "operators" wore no insignia and fought the NVA + VC in Cambodia and Laos which were no-go areas for US troops.
January 19th, 2005  
AussieNick

Just like Australian SAS weren't on the outskirts of Baghdad for a month before the war started, of course not.