Commando Krav Maga

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Note: not sure where to post this but since Krav Maga is a military martial art, I think this might be the place where it belongs.

I have lousy internet connection so let me make it brief: "Commando Krav Maga" is practically Martial Arts meets Scientology. I took their level 1 and 2 "Instructor's Course" and it was so rubbish that I decided that my time was better spent doing other things. Not only do the terms and agreements seem dodgy, the "training" itself was simply not Krav Maga.
I guess that's what happens when demand outstrips supply. You get a bunch of pretenders and fakes who try to live off the name. I was wondering where those useless youtube videos of "Krav Maga" were popping up from. Now I have a pretty good clue. Odds are, some of those folks attended the CKM's program.

Well, skilled labor is always rare.

You cant train the whole Israeli army with the big masters of Krav maga.

But I think that when you are dealing with jokers disguised as trainers, a book about Krav Maga would be better.

I think that the most important thing you learn in krav maga is to be ready for battle. The agressiveness, the initiative, the "spirit" behind the discipline... The moves are a plus.

My poorly informed opinion only.

What are you going on about?
I'm talking about Krav Maga for civilians.
I am pretty sure the Israelis have as many as they need for their armed forces.
And no, a book without real training is just as bad as having a very poor instructor. A book is good for one thing only: review.

Back