Command & Conquer: The First Decade

Oh Wiily? It's not like rise of nations at all. The game lets you play on a grand scale any nation you like. The smallest unit type is a division and you're using your nation's resources to develop your military and technology. It's not like otehr RTS games where you point and click in individual units, it's like a battlemap coming to life.

You know, the ones that have the boxes for divisions and arrows pointing to their directions, the game is like that. Each of those pieces on the map is a province that you take over and can use the resources of to further your cause. There's partisans to consider however and how much is worth it. If you take over certain parts of Europe you can make new countries like Basque, Wallonia, Flanders, Scotland and other places. If you take over the soviet union you can split it up into the modern countries and russia itself can be carved into 4 countries. Nuclear weapons come later on and they're very devastating but toned down from the first game. All in all, good stuff, not rise of nations.

I always loved CNC. Renegade was in my opinion pretty good, but just didn't ahve the fan base for a sequel.

Setback said:
I love the C&C series and own most of the games, but I'm wary of buying this set. Has anybody bought it, and if you did what are your thoughts? Any bugs?
candcfirstdecade_pcboxboxart_160w.jpg
I'm never going to buy this because I own all of its components except Yuri's Revenge, and Renegade.
Damien435 said:
Honestly, hands down C&C is the best RTS series ever, they did it right the first time and kept going with it, the best part, C&C didn't change anything from day one up till Renegade and Generals, they made a gaming franchise by just changing the name, graphics and character names without actually changing the gameplay.
In terms of gameplay Generals bears more resemblance to ...craft games or Age of... games than previous C&Cs.
armlesscadet said:
ya i got it the day it came out and its basicly the exact same games down to the last pixel but they might have fixed a few glitches and all personally im a HUGE FAN of C&C so i am addicted to these games but i was disapointed that they didnt include a new game on it but i heard that they were making a new Generals but i wouldnt bet to much on it since it wasnt a good source but they had all the red alerts,
There is a third Tiberian game coming out (4th if you count Renegade).
Damien435 said:
I think that the Generals series has is a much more versatile game, with three different nations (GLA: Global Liberation Army, USA and China) with four different generals each (In skirmish but not campaign mode.) you have 12 different armies to choose from in skirmish mode that are quite diverse and their tactics reflect this meaning you can experiment to find the army that best fits you..
If you get the ProGen mod, you also get to play each side's "Boss General".
Damien435 said:
GLA, they can actually take the weapons from destroyed enemy vehicles and duct tape it to their trucks, the canon from a Paladin tank for instance.
That would be really cool. Unfortunately, each GLA vehicle with scavenge ability can only obtain 2 specific upgrades, unrelated to the destroyed vehicle you picked up the remains from.
WarMachine said:
If they can make the units in tiberian 3 look cooler then i'm all for it. I like the gameplay of the original,but the nod buildings were cheesy (the barracks were in the shape of a hand).
Haha yeah the first time I ever played as Nod I noticed that I couldn't build a Barracks, so I decided to build a "Hand of Nod" just to find out wtf it was supposed to be et voilà, I was able to train Minigunners and Rocket Infantry.
WarMachine said:
Just hope they bring back the original actors for the full motion videos, yes they've confirmed they'll be bringing that feature back as well.
Yeah they should bring back Kane.
WarMachine said:
They should also keep the resource management of generals since money is easier to hold than silos of tiberium. Just for fun i built a farm of tiberium silos and blew it up to see how catastrophic it would be, ahh memories.
...and then send infantry all over it :D
WarMachine said:
You know what's gonna be better than cnc? Supreme Commander
http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/632/632026/supreme-commander-20050707115337034.jpg
It's new but it looks incredible, truly a strategic scope.
You have to see the trailer to know what i'm talking about

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/supreme-commander/supreme-commander-e306-trailer-173329.php

Reminds me of Total Annihilation.

Last edited:
Back