Command & Conquer: The First Decade - Page 2

--

May 3rd, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMacbeth
oh I see..

so anyway, whats the latest and most best Command and conquer cd game?
so uhh.. can anyone help? heh
May 3rd, 2006  
armlesscadet

the latest is the Generals: Zero Hour the expansion of Generals but id have to give credit of best to the Red Alert 2 and generals games because in RA2 it seems like you get a wider variety of units but in the Generals games you get to upgrade your stuff more and research newer and stronger upgrades for your weapons but in Generals you also only get to choose from 3 nations the GLA (global liberation something i think association) the USA and Cina but RA2 is older graphics aint the sharpest no more but they both have terrific gameplay so i suggest buying both of those but TIBERIAN SUN is horrible in my opinion so dont buy that one but the fps of that series is pretty good if u can do the snow level and remember to save so that when you die at the end (its the longest lvl in the game to me) you dont have to do it all over...it took me a while to do that one lol so i say Renegade for FPS or Generals and RA2 for RTS but thats me
May 4th, 2006  
Damien435

I think that the Generals series has is a much more versatile game, with three different nations (GLA: Global Liberation Army, USA and China) with four different generals each (In skirmish but not campaign mode.) you have 12 different armies to choose from in skirmish mode that are quite diverse and their tactics reflect this meaning you can experiment to find the army that best fits you. My favorite general? The USA Air Force General, the Point Defense Laser System means it is very hard to shoot down one of their aircraft, almost impossible from behind, the best method is to have your aircraft go at them heads on so that they have less than a second for their lasers to shoot down your missiles versus several seconds if the missiles are fired from behind. The coolest army? GLA, they can actually take the weapons from destroyed enemy vehicles and duct tape it to their trucks, the canon from a Paladin tank for instance.
--
May 4th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

hmm wow..
thanx for the info fellas
May 4th, 2006  
armlesscadet

id have to say that my fav. general is the US Super Weapons general because of her AWESOME EMS Patriot System that she has wich disables any tanks within range once they have been shot with a missile a wall of those and about 20 snipers around your base and nothing will get in it so you wouldnt have to worry about being attacked and you could then build up your offense and attack the enemy base...i know that that was a little bit offtopic but i wanted to share it lol so mighty you got any more questions about it?
May 4th, 2006  
WNxRogue

Just to clarify this, they are making a Command and Conquer 2, based off the classic GDI v NOD scenario. It is not generels, and god i wish they were making another red alert game (maybe about china )
May 5th, 2006  
Damien435

Then your wish may be coming true, Rogue, supposedly Red Alert 3 is in the early stages of developement, however this is unlikely given the current development of Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Although it was not named C&C2, Tiberian Sun was the sequel.) And given EA's rather spotty track record (I think they blew it by disolving Westwood and the game qualities have gone down hill ever since, but I am optimistic about C&C 3) it is unlikely they would attempt to develop both games simultaneously.
May 5th, 2006  
WNxRogue

Victory is Mine! Finally EA does something right (other then bf2)!
May 6th, 2006  
WarMachine

EA is starting to get its head out of its ass and learn from its mistakes. Westwood would have made several C&C's by now had they been left independent. Generals was a good game and fun to play the mods on, but there was nothing after generals for a long while.
May 6th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

whoa.. let me get one thing straight.. How will there be a command and conquer 2 and 3 at the same time?? I got lost..