Commanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROTCCDT

Has anybody heard anything more about the shutting down of the Army's Commanche program? As I understood it, the program was cut becuase of high financial costs, but at the time they cut it, it was nearly complete. If I'm not mistaken Commanches were only a few months away from being delivered. If they were going to cut it wouldn't it have made much more sense to do so earlier? Now all they did is waste the money that went into the developing and testing of the Commanche and nothing will be gotten in return. I can see why a stealth helicopter wouldn't be practical for the price it would have cost per aircraft in an environment were rpg's that are fired from an enemy that is making visual contact and not radar contact is the biggest threat, but after putting so much money into it, it would have made more sense just to see a return on the American tax payers investment then to decide 90% of the way through that it was going too far over budget. Has anybody heard if there is any chance that this aircraft could be ressurected in the way the the B-1 bomber was following its initial termination?

Everything isn't lost, you still have the knowlage about such a helicopter and the technology ;) And wasn't that helo supposed to be delivered in 2007 or 2010?

Please do a search before posting a topic, this subject has been discussed at length on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back