Combination Rifles - whoa!

SA80Mk2Greanadelauncher.jpg

The SA80 with a 40mm grenade launcher, this launcher has a range of some 300 yards

But the 2nd amendent, you have to right to bear arms. Does that mean you can buy weapon without permission?

Fox said:
But the 2nd amendent, you have to right to bear arms. Does that mean you can buy weapon without permission?

That's right. If you want to buy from a gun store or any other type of commercial outlet, you have to pass a 10 minute background check to catch arms smugglers and felons. Anyone can buy from the many gun shows every month without any check, which worries me a little.

Missileer said:
Fox said:

That's right. If you want to buy from a gun store or any other type of commercial outlet, you have to pass a 10 minute background check to catch arms smugglers and felons. Anyone can buy from the many gun shows every month without any check, which worries me a little.

i think it varies depending on which state you live in and what type of gun you want to buy.

Yeah, even though the federal ban on automatic weapons was lifted, some states still have bans on them, so you can't go to just any state and pick up a AR-15 or AK-47.

Fox said:

I think that needs a little interpretation myself. I mean, it was written when A) The US had little in the way of a standing army and B) The arms mentioned were black powder, and really, how much damage can be done with a black powder weapon, one casualty every 20 seconds? Assume nobody stops you?

The current reality is that America has A) The most powerful military in the world, and B) Weapons are semi-automatic/automatic and can therefore cause signifigantly more casualties.

My point is that just because it was written in a book doesn't make in immune to changes in the world:p

(That's not to say I wouldn't love to own an AR-15 civie side....it's just that i think it should be monitored....heavily)

Back