Combat Shot Gun

Duty Honor Country

If I am not mistaken, that Marine has a pump action shot gun

top.soldiers.sat.2.ap.jpg

I did not know the US military was still using them in a combat roll. We had a few in Kosovo in 2000, but those were only used for riot control.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I don't think you'll find shotguns in use much with the Australian army, not much good in such a big, wide open country :D . I've only seen the CDO 4 RAR use them before :rambo:

The USMC use to have the Mossberg 590 with ghost ring sights, heat shield and bayonet lug as the standard issue. But I think they are phasing them out for the Bennelli M4.

I heard that the only shotgun to pass military specs is the Mossberg tactical.... anyone else hear this?

We have a few Combat Shotguns in the Norwegian Army.
(Mech inf units)

It's ment for Urban Warfare, for opening doors, close quarter etc...

Pete031 said:
I heard that the only shotgun to pass military specs is the Mossberg tactical.... anyone else hear this?

That Test was done in the early 80's when the Military was trying to standardize shotguns. At the time Mossberg was the top contender over Remington, Winchester. Itacha and some others.

Benelleis M4 seems to have surpassed it.

right on... We use the remington 870 police magnum, in Afghanistan we had some trouble with the rounds expanding and jamming in the heat... probably cheap ammo, because they worked fine down south. we have a mag extender and a pistol grip instead of a butt, I carried one with my rifle for 6 months overseas and thought they were great.

Like what Redleg said i'm guessing that guy was conducting raids and blowing doors open with it. Not to mention a shotgun pointed at your face can change your opinion real fast. :)

Great for close quarters :rambo: Especially if your invading houses and stuff. Could be great for blasting away stuff. Do you guys think if a combat shotgun pointed at 1 foot away can split u pretty much in half?

No one round of 12 gauge 00 buck at 1 foot will probably leave a wound channel about the size of a fist.

Not only are they using them they are developing "new" old technology.

The MasterKey Program is just that. Shotgun under attached under the M4 on a rail.

Back