Combat Shot Gun - Page 2

--

November 29th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete031
I heard that the only shotgun to pass military specs is the Mossberg tactical.... anyone else hear this?
That Test was done in the early 80's when the Military was trying to standardize shotguns. At the time Mossberg was the top contender over Remington, Winchester. Itacha and some others.

Benelleis M4 seems to have surpassed it.
November 29th, 2004  
Pete031

right on... We use the remington 870 police magnum, in Afghanistan we had some trouble with the rounds expanding and jamming in the heat... probably cheap ammo, because they worked fine down south. we have a mag extender and a pistol grip instead of a butt, I carried one with my rifle for 6 months overseas and thought they were great.
November 30th, 2004  
Big_Z

Like what Redleg said i'm guessing that guy was conducting raids and blowing doors open with it. Not to mention a shotgun pointed at your face can change your opinion real fast.
--
November 30th, 2004  
Dele

Great for close quarters Especially if your invading houses and stuff. Could be great for blasting away stuff. Do you guys think if a combat shotgun pointed at 1 foot away can split u pretty much in half?
November 30th, 2004  
03USMC

No one round of 12 gauge 00 buck at 1 foot will probably leave a wound channel about the size of a fist.
November 30th, 2004  
SOT_II

Topic: Re: Combat Shot Gun

Not only are they using them they are developing "new" old technology.

The MasterKey Program is just that. Shotgun under attached under the M4 on a rail.