Combat robots prepare for Iraq - Page 2

--

January 23rd, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Waste of money, no robots can do better things then humans. And it cost like ****.
I agree. Lets see that again after next 1000 years.
January 23rd, 2005  
r031Button

Wars need to be human; and theres a big difference between seeing somethin gin real life and seeing it through a video camera. I'm morally opposed to the very concept of robots doing our killing for us. But I've also never seen combat, so I don't really have the ability to back that up.
January 23rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

--
January 23rd, 2005  
Charge 7

Nice pic. Must be the T-1, T-1.5 and T-1.75 he he
January 23rd, 2005  
Knightraptor

I don't think these robots are meant to replace the human presence on the battlefield but to supplement them. We can use these robots to go place when noone else is available.
January 24th, 2005  
Charge 7

Or where they would be certain to be killed. Need a suicide attack? Just program the trusty T-1.
January 24th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by r031Button
Wars need to be human; and theres a big difference between seeing somethin gin real life and seeing it through a video camera. I'm morally opposed to the very concept of robots doing our killing for us. But I've also never seen combat, so I don't really have the ability to back that up.
There is very little room for morality on the battlefield. There are quite a few people's who where morally oposed to guns on the battlefield but they arn't around anymore to voice their objections.

I do, however, think it's an interesting concept to ponder. Without human involvement war just becomes a match of each country's economy, really.
January 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Isn't that what it is on the grand scale of things anyways? In conventional warfare anyways.
January 24th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Isn't that what it is on the grand scale of things anyways? In conventional warfare anyways.
Not really. Spartains at Thermopole, Hannibal, Russians at Stalingrad, Americans at Coral Sea, Americans at Cowpens...
January 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Point taken. But then again, if it comes down to robots, it'll be who has the best robots and the best tactics team. So yet we can still see such upsets.